Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

Why don't I finish anythi..

Talking about anything that doesn't fit into other categories of this personal development forum

Moderator : developing_success

Why don't I finish anythi..

Post by keelhauled on Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:38 pm

I've got this problem that many people probably recognize.
I guess it could be called procrastination or lack of motivation.

You see, I know I can achieve many things. I know I can earn "lot's" of money from the comforts of my home without spending 24 hours a day on it.
I know I can be a Linux wizz and get that certification that I want.
I know I can get make many improvements to my house that will make it really great.
I can get a better job than I have now, with more income and satisfaction and challenge.

There's all these things that I know I can achieve. Most of the things I've already started with; I bought several books, did research, and almost finished the Photoreading course, months ago.. I also did that 'reset your brain' thing, but I've got back to that only twice, in about half a year or so.

So I never finish most of the great things I start with.

Heh I even stopped visiting this forum for some time..

Sometimes I pick one of those many goals up again and work on it a little, but thats very rare to happen and generally doesn't last long.

So what could be causing this
Is it perhaps that I don't get stimulated enough Do I have too many goals Am I just low on energy Or maybe I don't think it's realistic or that achieving the goals doesn't matter much
I don't know, I wish I could ask my subconscious that question (no I didn't get to achieve having lucid dreams on purpose either..)

I've asked myself that question lot's of times but still haven't found a good answer (if I did, I'd probably wouldn't type this..)
I know I can really get somewhere in life yet somehow for some reason I prevent myself from doing that.

I'm confused.

Any thoughts
keelhauled
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Re: Why don't I finish anythi..

Post by SmileAwhile on Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:31 am

Maybe part of you doesn't feel worthy of success

It can't be completely lack of motivation or you would have never started the photoreading course in the first place. So you have the motivation to start, but for some reason, you are stopping yourself from being successful.

And yes, this is a REALLY common problem.

I think this sounds like a great issue to use EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) with.

Have you ever used EFT before
SmileAwhile
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by KING_Darko on Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:45 am

It is a very common problem among us. I often get preoccupied with so many programs that I don't finish any of them. EFT is a great idea, hypnosis is another idea if you don't mind spending a little more money. Another option is to just download "Stop Procrastinating" from this website and paul Mckenna's Motivation Power.

Keep us posted, and don't be a stranger on here.

KD
My Calling in life is to wake up every day surrounded with so much love for myself, my life and others that the extreme levels of abundance I experience in all aread of my life are a direct and natural reflection of my own inner wholeness.
KING_Darko
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by Wheathead on Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:09 pm

For me it is simple (But not so easy):

1. Keep present. Procrastination is really dwelling on what might be, etc. Not real. Keeping present is "what is right now" not thinking stuff. Just do it. Get off thinking about it.

2. Keeping present. A good system of tracking projects, tasks is essential - especially for busy people.

Often I plan too much and contemplate too much instead of just doing.

My thoughts...

Wheathead
Wheathead

Post by viteshb on Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:05 am

i had the same problem, in my situation i dicovered 1 vital thing.
Procrastination = Low Self Esteem. When i read books about self esteem, and worked on it. My self esteem level has gone up in a couple months. The thing i noticed next is that i stopped procrastinating ALOT.
I now finish things.

If you want more advice, you can pm me. I struggled with this prob for years,
viteshb
Curious Child
Curious Child

Facebook comments

Next

Return to General