Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Here is what our members say about us...
"I am 43 years old and I am just beginning to figure it out. As they say, better late than never or not at all! I have been looking for 3 years for a forum to talk to like minded people about what it takes to be successful as well as share information and trade ideas. A place where we can all grow and share in our success once we get to the top! I am glad I found this forum and I look forward to providing my own input here in the future. Thank you for the invitation!"
bysbox1, 19 Oct 2007 More testimonials can be found here

Why do you want to be successful?

Success forum for own stories of personal achievement. Here members can discuss how they are progressing towards achieving the Life of their Dreams and self-improvement

Moderator : developing_success

Why do you want to be successful?

Post by viktorados on Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:50 pm

Why do you want to succeed

...Why, Mr. SelfMadeVIP, why

Why, why do you do it

Why, why get up Why keep fighting

Do you believe you're fighting for something, for more than your survival

Can you tell me what it is, do you even know

Is it freedom or truth, perhaps peace - could it be for love

Illusions, Mr. SelfMadeVIP, vagaries of perception.

Temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence that is without meaning or purpose.

And all of them as artificial as the world itself.

You must be able to see it, Mr. SelfMadeVIP, you must know it by now!

You can't win, it's pointless to keep fighting!

Why, Mr. SelfMadeVIP, why, why do you persist ...

Mr. SelfMadeVIP: Because I choose to.
viktorados
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by LeftBehind on Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:34 am

Why do I wish to be successful

Biological desires aside (e.g. survival and replication), I wish to reach a point where I have learned and skillfully applied the information and principles necessary to reach a point of validation. We can work at something forever, but if our efforts are never successful (e.g. validated), at some point, then the real prize has eluded us.

That and I would like to lead my own tribe (for reasons that are good.. not for approbation lust or any negative reasons) and to do that you have to learn what it takes to be successful and then execute properly.
LeftBehind
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by Shah on Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:00 pm

Everybody has their own definition what success all about. Depend on their surrounding, their education. their family and bla3..

For me, success mean that I can achieve financial freedom and teach as much as I can people around me to achieve financial freedom before I died. Before I die, I think I have done something for my society. Money is not the only thing. Wish all of us succeed with our definition.
" The past is not equal with the future, This moment is a fresh new opportunity " - Anthony Robbins
Shah
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Re: Why do you want to be successful?

Post by HaKa on Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:32 am

Yeah, it really depends on what you mean by success.

Usually, success = happiness. And happiness is more or less hardwired and a goal everyone has in their life.

So.. why is success happiness Because that is how we define it. If for us dating any sort of woman is happyness, reaching this particular goal is success as well. If it is money, then money = happiness = success.

So being successfull - whatever that means to each person - is just the meaning of life for every man who is reaching for higher goals in his life or hasn't settled with what he already has in his life. Which, when he thinks he already is successful is perfectly ok, I think.

But then again, the person who stops striving to become and do better cannot be successful. In my view. And I am in line with Goethe there. :)

He who strives on and lives to strive can earn redemption still.

By the way, reading Goethe, one of the most successful people of his time, a most brilliant poet, a pretty good scientist and also a senior statesman, and, as you can see here :) a philosopher, is also a very good idea for anyone trying to improve himself. In his Faust I & II he describes the life of a man in search for a purpose, for the sense of life and the creation. Get a hold of a good translation, and, by all means, read it if you find the time and look for a purpose, and, especially if you are a science-person, you are bound to like it.
HaKa
SMV Club
SMV Club

Re: Why do you want to be successful?

Post by lowboman on Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:41 pm

So I can make my life thrive and after that enjoy the satisfaction of helping other people thrive.
lowboman
Curious Child
Curious Child

Facebook comments

Next

Return to Success Stories