Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

Why 99% of People Give Up?

Success forum for own stories of personal achievement. Here members can discuss how they are progressing towards achieving the Life of their Dreams and self-improvement

Moderator : developing_success

Re: Why 99% of People Give Up?

Post by RedDragon on Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:22 pm

I think most people give up because they never really try, for example they say they want to be rich or to be successful or famous or whatever but they say it in the same way as 'i wish i was invisible' there is no kind of action or intention behind the words.

Also, not succeeding can probably be more comfortable. I watched an episode of Entourage the other day for the first time and you can see the logic behind being someone who is in the entourage but not the star. The person in the spotlight has the pressure of providing for other people, has criticism levelled at them for what they do, there will be implicit criticism from people who believe things like 'you have to screw people to succeed' or 'money is the root of all evil' etc. As long as your position of 'non-success' isnt unbearable most people are probably happy being in that position

I guess there is a lot of negative programming towards people through the media (like if you dont have this shampoo you will have dull and lifeless hair and people wont talk to you, and then you will have to live in the woods on your own) which makes people more self conscious and less prepared to fail through trying.

People probably also give up because they re-evaluate their life goals.
RedDragon
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by locto03 on Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:12 am

i thinks most people give up because they don't have any goal for their life, not having any burning desire to reach their goal. They are too scare of losing, they think losing is something very bad and if you lose you will end up in some painful situation. i myself had seen a lot of people give up just because they think they are not born to win they always seen other people better than them but they have not already tried their best.
Giving up is a terrible word i think we must delete it from the dictionary :)
locto03

Post by iqanda on Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:50 am

friends and family! if you listen to them you will quit.
iqanda

Post by saison on Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:46 am

There are just three reason why people quit because they don't have following two qualities which are the foundation of every success:

1) Belief in Oneself(Faith)leads to action

2) Patience or Perseverance or Tolerance to see the end.

3)Too much concern about the goal or results rather than focusing on the task in hand ie to work in now or stay in present to complete the task
Identifying with Body, Mind & "I" is the Mother of All Sins & Weakness.
saison

Post by Brainy on Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:03 pm

They should know why they have to do it.

If they know that and accept it full responsibility they will not give up.
Most people are as happy as they make up their minds to be - Abraham Lincoln
Brainy
SMV Club
SMV Club

Facebook comments

Previous Next

Return to Success Stories