Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Here is what our members say about us...
"Hi people, it is nice to be here :D When I saw the site I've said to myself: 'If there was only one site that could truly make my life better, this would be it!', a success in life site is exactly what I want... My primary hobby is selfdevelopment :) I think this site will be another source of information, which would be very useful for a successful life :D I'll surely be sticking around :D"
developing_success, 18 Feb 2007 More testimonials can be found here

Why 99% of People Give Up?

Success forum for own stories of personal achievement. Here members can discuss how they are progressing towards achieving the Life of their Dreams and self-improvement

Moderator : developing_success

Re: Why 99% of People Give Up?

Post by maxbond on Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:05 pm

My two cents,

First, they do not have a solid vision, sure they want a luxury car but they do not know the brand, the series, the color the quality of the interior, and they do not have the picture (not just the mental picture) for it.

Second, they never changed/align with their subconscious mind. Their subconscious won't let them jeopardize their family, it will never let them leave their comfort zone. Since they are not align with their subconscious mind how can they give 100% to success As we know success need sacrifice, may that be time with our family (but we can sacrifice this time to go fishing or bowling with our buddy), or time for rest (but we can sacrifice this for watching the tube), mainly time for entertainment - that is time for bowling, fishing, watching the tube etc.)

Third, They never learned from the monkey.
In Africa, hunters can easily catch monkey. Here's how they do it. They put some nuts inside bottles, then at night they buried the bottle in the ground. The next morning, there are already monkeys trapped. Here is how the trap work. The aroma of the nuts draw the monkey to the trap, since the monkeys are curious, they put their hand inside the bottle and found some nuts, so the monkeys grabbed the nuts, guess what happened, their hand cannot past the neck of the bottle.
Yes, we may laugh, but didn't most of us do that Hanging to the past and cannot move forward in our lives
High School quarterback that do not make it to the big league or college, still dreaming about a perfect pass from one of the game in high school. Sound familiar Yeah right that's Al Bundy from marriage with children.
maxbond

Post by mapotofuu on Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:41 am

I believe failure leads many people to feel discouraged. It can possible shatter one's confidence. Confidence is useful, however, competence is just as important. You can't get better at something without getting your hands dirty. You have to know what you're doing. That's how you become competent. Then, as an end result, competence leads to confidence. NEVER GIVE UP!
Do what thy manhood bids thee do, from none but self expect applause; He noblest lives and noblest dies who makes and keeps his self-made laws.
Sir Richard Francis Burton (1821 - 1890)
mapotofuu
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by nlpete_irl on Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:20 pm

I would like to suggest to you that giving up is the key to success as it allows us to begin again.
Without giving up or stopping we may never find our goal.
As our goals are constantly morphing into variations of what we allready have we could look upon giving up as being part of the mechanism which leads us to a new begining, even if that new begining still involves the our existing framework or way of thinking.
To move from being succesful in a small way to being succesful in a larger way does not mean stopping what I am doing, but to change how I do things may involve giving up old ways,

I would be happy to investigate this topic further if anyone has an interest
nlpete_irl

Post by irfan on Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:14 am

nlpete, thanks for your thoughts.

what I think giving up means that is completely ending your efforts and determination.
Changing tactics or pausing for a while reviewing your sitution and editing your strategy or forming a complete new strategy, these are in no way giving up.

so if the old ways dont work and you give them up and start new ways means that you are only giving up that particular way to success, but not giving up the determination to succeed.

:)
irfan
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by azax on Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:41 pm

they don't make movements they wait something magical to solve the problem.
According to a famous speaker money is a reword for you if solve a problem to people.
azax

Facebook comments

Previous Next

Return to Success Stories