Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

Who uses a Journal?

Talking about anything that doesn't fit into other categories of this personal development forum

Moderator : developing_success

Who uses a Journal?

Post by maxdog on Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:47 pm

Hi Guys,
I have recently set some new Goals for next year (the ones from last year I have achieved^^).
And I thought about using a journal to gain clarity and to not have to think about things over and over again.
Also I think it would be very nice to read a old Journal a few years from now.

I have downloaded "The Journal"
http://selfmadevip.com/forum/davidrm-software-the-journal-software-t7312.html

Does it really help or is it something that everybody recommends but nobody really does?
Any Journal users here?

maxdog
maxdog
SMV Club
SMV Club

Re: Who uses a Journal?

Post by debcrow on Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:59 am

I just bought Luci Shaw's book, Life Path, Personal and Spiritual Growth through Journal Writing.... this will help me to write my journal since I really have no idea how to go about it.
debcrow
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by maxdog on Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:33 am

debcrow wrote:I just bought Luci Shaw's book, Life Path, Personal and Spiritual Growth through Journal Writing.... this will help me to write my journal since I really have no idea how to go about it.

ok cool, here is a 65 page preview of that book if someone is interested
http://books.google.de/books?id=sgcqQpthuVgC&dq=Life+Path,+Personal+and+Spiritual+Growth+through+Journal+Writing&printsec=frontcover&source=bl&ots=jD2tVF1ELN&sig=3pwl8azLVeJ05QI-5Kd4BQsBJNw&hl=de&ei=80V9SsSBPZaqnQOBgY2DAg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1#v=onepage&q=&f=false
maxdog
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by debcrow on Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:25 am

I read that preview and that's why I went to my local chapters and ordered the book.
debcrow
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by selma041878 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:46 am

I use a journal, and I have kept one for maybe over 10 years. I love to look at old ones and see how I have changed. I not only use a journal to record my ideas and happenings in my life, but I also use it to take notes on what ever I am trying to learn, etc. It always facinates me on the things i was interested in at the time, the goals I made, and the ones I have accomplished with reflection. I carry it with me every where, I am really attached to it. I LOVE JOURNALS. But ofcourse my journal is kind of like my mind just on paper. Its quite interesting. I also put my friends phonenumbers, etc in it. I use it as a planner, a journal, everthing... when I finish one, I move on to a new one and transfer important information in to the new one and continue on. I keep them filed away like you would any other book.

My journals = my life...

This might be of interest to you.

http://selfmadevip.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1211

Oh, and I just use a regular 5 subject notebook with the plastic covers for stability.
selma041878
Curious Child
Curious Child

Facebook comments

Next

Return to General