Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

Where do rich people hang out on the Web?

In this self improvement forum we help our members who search for mentor or go through challenges during their personal development

Moderator : developing_success

Where do rich people hang out on the Web?

Post by verymoney on Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:48 pm

Hello SMV-Community,

I believe that rich people too need to socialize and to show off on the Web, like other people with less material riches.
My question is, do you have any ideas where rich people, kids, entrepreneurs hang out? Any special communities, chats?

I assume that even in this community, there are some rich and successful people hiding. However, this is a self-development community and more likely the most people here are on their way to the riches, thus not the right place...

The underlying motivation and intent of mine is to find a group of informal mentors. Informal means I would like to let them teach my simply by interaction like here in the forum, but without any declaration like "you teacher - me student" :-)

Any ideas are welcome!
verymoney

Re: Where do rich people hang out on the Web?

Post by famous on Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:14 pm

I think the site you are looking for is LSTYLE.COM. Membership is currently closed at the moment. If you have a friend on the inside you can have him/her send you an invite. Otherwise send social@lstyle.com explaining your strong points and why you think you would be the ideal candidate for membership. If I were you I would embellish my strong points and assume you are entitled to membership based on those points. I hope this helps, let me know how it goes and good luck!
famous
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by docweb on Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:04 pm

Wow..

I didn't even knew that exclusive invitation clubs like these existed
docweb

Post by famous on Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:31 am

There are many exclusive forums out there. It really helps promote user activity (everyone wants to be part something exclusive) and although these forums can be helpful, chances are they won't give you the guidance you are after. I personally, own a publishing company so finding a mentor for me is as simple as scheduling an interview. Then I use that time to answer any relative questions I have regarding my goals. I realize it may be far more difficult for you, and it may even seem down right silly asking "Will you be my mentor?". That being said I would try this method:
Compile a list of highly successful businessmen/women in your related field.
Google them for contact info. I suggest trying SalesGenie.com's 100 free leads trial.
Then simply call and ask if they would be willing to let you "job shadow" them.
This can be a flattering proposition for them and also serves as an informal way to build enough rapport and confidence to nonchalantly ask "Would it be ok if called you for advice from time to time?" Thus avoiding the embarrassing question "will you be my teacher". I hope this helps you.
famous
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by verymoney on Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:51 am

Thanks for your advises guys! (lstyle.com, job shadow approach)

Looks like s.o. promotes yet another exclusive community here:
http://selfmadevip.com/forum/lux-vip-luxury-social-network-for-the-affluent-t7751.html

And here "marinhogomes" has asked a similar question:
http://selfmadevip.com/forum/how-to-network-with-millionaires-t7339.html
verymoney

Facebook comments

Return to Help Me with & Success Coaching...