Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

Where can you meet mentors to coach you?

Asking yourself right questions can often speed up your way towards the life of your dreams

Moderator : developing_success

Re: Where can you meet mentors to coach you?

Post by richieporter on Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:51 pm

I tend to agree with Cruiser. No one person is perfect. Mentors are all around us. Successful or not, there is something that can be learned from everyone.

Some people may teach you what to do, some may teach you what not to do. Regardless, everyone has something to offer to you. Study people's habits, the way they carry themselves, how they communicate, and how others react to it. Apply all the best qualities from everyone you encounter to your own personality.
richieporter
Curious Child
Curious Child

Post by troplogic on Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:26 pm

Wow, not to step on anyone's feet here, but finding a mentor isn't that hard.

I say this because, the answer is in the questions you're asking.

Say for example I wanted to find a "flash light" store. Well first I would have to know what a "flash light" is, and then where they sell them. You could use a directory, internet search engine or anyplace where you can inquire as what it is or where to find it.

So how does this translate to the original question? Well, first you need to know what type of "mentor" you want, next you find out people who have reached whatever level of success you're after, after that, research those people.

Lets say I wanted to find someone who has done good in business, then I would need to look around, (I would use Google) and see if they published any books, audios or videos. You can also try Youtube for this as well.

Next you would want to find out if they have an email address where you could contact them, or if they're on twitter, or Facebook. You can get in contact with anyone today, and it's not intrusive or a bother for them, because they've put themselves out there so people can approach them. Also the people with whom you're wanting to be mentored by, have made it their life's purpose (in most cases) to help people just like you and me in those areas.

I sure hope this didn't come across as arrogant or rude, I simply wanted to clear up the question at hand and show how I've found everything or anyone I've been after, just by focusing on my questions and going from there.

Again if you need further help, please feel free.
I love this stuff
troplogic

Post by blitzmoiko on Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:59 pm

"Success leaves tracks". Go and find someone you admire being successful. This person might be of good qualities, values, wealthy and has a balance lifestyle. :roll:
blitzmoiko

Post by Beagle Scout on Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:39 pm

Hi,

There's a website called MeetUp.com, which is what you might call the "reverse" of modern "social networking" -- it uses the Internet to coordinate face-to-face group interactions and recruit new members for various meetings. As with any group/club/"forum" (online and offline), the expression still applies, YMMV -- but I've found this site to be of interest, and have started looking into some of what's offered in my area.

Just my $.02 (and I am not affiliated personally with the site in any way) :)
Beagle Scout

Post by Goldy2 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:30 pm

here's a fine mentor

http://www.saladltd.co.uk/catalog/inner-circle-mentoring-with-jamie-smart-by-application-only-p-196.html
When you're ready to quit, you're closer than you think. Do the thing you fear most and the death of fear is certain. Only those who are asleep make no mistakes, losing is simply learning how to win, there is no failure, only feedback!
Goldy2

Facebook comments

Previous Next

Return to Success Questions