Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

What is your favorite stock broker?

Investing in Stocks, Stocks Trading, FOREX Trading, HYIP, Investing in Real Estate and Property, Investing in Precious Metals, Investing in Commodities, Investing in Art etc

What is your favorite stock broker?

Post by viktorados on Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:33 pm

If you are trading stocks, what online broker company can you recommend?
How long have you been using their services? What are its strong and weak sides?
viktorados
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: What is your favorite stock broker?

Post by kirkb on Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:47 pm

My main broker is OptionsHouse...but that's primarily because I trade options. They have the best pricing for options by far. Thinkorswim would be my choice for a good all-around broker. And if you are really taking it serious, Interactive Brokers is a good one. I've also heard great things about TradeStation, but I have no first-hand experience with it.

And good luck! There are a ton of resources on here!
kirkb

Post by pablosanchez on Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:14 am

Hi Viktorados,

I use Interactive Brokers. They are unmatched in terms of security and ability to trade global markets at reduced rates.

You can trade global stocks, options, futures, forex and more all from the one account, with real time data provided at minimal costs (usually exchange fees) if you're a non-professional investor.

They have their own TWS software, which can be a bit daunting to new users, but if you take the time to read the manual (or relevant bits to your trading), you'll find it a piece of software that can almost do anything you may require now or in the future in terms of order routing and placement. You can also get API front-end software that links to it to provide even more functionality.

Downsides for most retail traders are you need to open at least a 10K (USD) account, their data can be patchy for volume, and their customer service can at times be lacking as they assume you know what you're doing, and they have some pretty big people trading with them, so the small guys don't matter to them too much. But if you have money and experience these downsides don't tend to apply.

I've been with them over 5 years now, and I imagine I'll be using them either as my primary or backup broker for the next 5-10 years at least...

Hope this helps, feel free to throw any questions my way...

PS :)
pablosanchez

Post by lxdream on Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:21 am

Hi pablosanchez,
Thank you very much for your reply. It is very informative.
I am wishing to enter FOREX market. I want your genuine guidance
in this matter.

Is FOREX trading profitable?
Do you use any softwares if so, which ones/
Do you use any autobots which guides you to trade forex?
Do you think anyone can enter FOREX or some special technical training is required?

Awaiting your reply
lxdream

Post by stef_a on Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:26 pm

Ixdream,

I am not pablo but I started getting into forex last year so I can answer some basic questions.

Like any type of financial market, there's plenty of profits to be and money to be lost. You win when someone else loses. Some people can't take that idea and should not be in the markets at all.

You don't need any softwares, in forex all the softwares from brokers are very good.

I have tried a few autobots, known as expert advisors in metatrader platforms, and none of them worked long term.

To be profitable, you will definitely need some kind of training and persistence long term.
stef_a

Facebook comments

Next

Return to 3. INVESTOR (Discussion)