Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

What is the purpose of your Life?

Asking yourself right questions can often speed up your way towards the life of your dreams

Moderator : developing_success

What is the purpose of your Life?

Post by sky on Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:16 am

This thing frustrates me so much. :!:

How many of you have an idea about the purpose of your life I am not talking about the vague notions like - making money, being happy, helping people and all this kind of stuff.

I am 23. I have an Engineering degree from a decent college and I could easily get placed for a decent paying job (and make some donation to this website :) ). But I just dont like the idea. I dont want to be an engineer. It just doesnt interest. People commend me for having done very well in academics and all that but I feel so hollow inside. Like all these years, all this education meant nothing. And most people around me, my friends are so enchanted by the probable pay package they are going to get that they dont care what kind of work they will be doing They are essentially trading their time ( the prime of their life) for money. Their idea of 'happiness' seems to be working their asses off so that they could earn some money to blow off at the nightclubs on weekends. They tell me that you will inevitably have to make some compromise and settle for something. Their reactions seems to indicate that 'Work is No Fun and it will never be no matter how hard you try to find it'.

I have been in this self development mode for about 2.5 years now. And from time to time this inability to pinpoint the exact purpose of my life has bothered me terribly.

I am aware of my values. some of those for instance are:

-Being genuine/authentic
-Being considerate to other beings (including animals)
-Being optimistic
-Living in the moment
-Giving value
-Developing continuously (Kaizen)

but still I dont know What I want to do in my life And I always get this feeling that once I realise the things that I am truly interested in pursuing, a lot of confusion will clear by itself. The Fog of uncertainty and tentativeness will disperse on its own.

Whenever I come across someone who has worked out their mission in life it makes me so sad. For instance, I know people who want to study medicine and become doctors to help alleviate the suffering of other people. I mean just imagine how much easier life is for these people. Their life Goal - Become A Doctor ( a good one at that). Simple.

Why can I not find something that I want to do in my life that interests me and is also aligned with most of my core values listed earlier. Its just not fair :(

I have actively tried to find out things that I want to do in my life for quite some time now but failed (in essence) but these random people JUST KNEW it. How about that They woke up one day and they JUST KNEW.

Do any of you feel lost like this Have any of you people discovered your true calling does anybody even desire to know what they truly want or am I just being overly paranoid Does this feeling of 'not doing what you are meant to do' not gnaw at you people's souls

Shantnu

PS: Has anybody ever tried to use David Cameron Gikandi's Prova Goals Life achiever software. I tried it initially but I have to tell you, that software is some frigging heavy stuff. The profundity is astounding. I had to give up mid way because it made me think too hard. Perhaps I am going to try it again. Maybe that will help me discover my life's purpose. If any of you want to try that software with me please let me know. It would be awesome to have someone to discuss the specifics with someone committed to the same cause.
sky
SMV Club
SMV Club

Re: Purpose of your Life?

Post by viktorados on Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:12 pm

This is really a very important issue in everyone's life.

My main purpose is self-evolution, self-growth and self-mastery.
In all areas: from spiritual to financial.

For me it was somehow easy: since childhood I did not like to use typical approaches to problem solving - the way of thinking "out of the box" usually yielded better results, but people usually like to stick to old classical way of thinking.

Such questions as "What is my purpose here ", "Who am I " etc have led me into the world of philosophy, psychology, spirituality etc where I have found some answers, but not all.

Besides that, I had always an interest in finance, world of stocks, world of capital... I enjoyed reading books on it & felt myself as if I was in the right place. Currently I work there. I see it as a part of my self-growth purpose (in financial plane).

Although you are absolutely right that many people after 23-25yrs do not "live". They become as "robots", who attend the job that they do not like, and hope that someday their life will be better...

I think that you are on the right way, as you have raised the question "What is my purpose " The answer to this question you will find inside yourself. Nobody else can tell it to you. Analyze yourself, your past, your values, your passions, your likes and dislikes - and one day you will find it. Don't stop questioning...
viktorados
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by GetAhead on Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:29 pm

The right thing is to find your calling. What are your interests Perhaps you always wanted to be a musician Or an artist Or to join the Government and be in a position to take decisions that will help the people overall Perhaps a budding environmentalist or an inventor These things can be answered by you alone and nobody else.

As Viktorados has said, persist with your search and you will find your passion in life.
"They can conquer who believe they can. He has not learned the first lesson is life who does not every day surmount a fear."
GetAhead
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by 4everlearner on Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:55 pm

bill harris in one interview told that number of people tell him that they don't know their purpose.. his answer to them was purpose is something ur choice .. what ever u decide to become or to do on a consistent basis.. that will become ur purpose..

yesterday i watched the DVD science of getting rich by bob proctor.. in that he was saying we will be having conscious mind- our thoughts[ intellectual ] and subconscious mind- emotional feelings... u r thinking / questioning [ conscious ] - very good... at the same time u observe ur feelings [ subconscious ] .. definitely there will be certain situations where u might felt good/bad n wanted to make a difference there in that situation ..pick up that situation and analyze n do / think how u can make a difference there.. probably in that sort of situation ur purpose might be there or in that process of thinking or doing u might discover ur purpose...

so it is there in ur hands.... u can dream of some thing n start taking steps now after some time that will become ur purpose..
When you want something, the whole universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.

www.selfmadevip.com
Live the life of your dreams!
4everlearner

Post by netanel22 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:25 pm

This pretty intense, Probably could ask it via "what is my main focus in life should be "
In some of Brian Tracy lectures he gave a great tool to figure out this:
Firstly you need to wright on paper a lot of goals you have in your mind, just flow with it, and write everything.
Now you answer, "what is the one single goal that accomplish it is gonna make the biggest positive influence on my life "
and start working toward this goal, it's working smart action, and hopefully can also direct you to your purpose in life.
Desperation is a necessary ingredient to learning anything, or creating anything. Period.
If you ain't desperate at some point, you ain't interesting.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
netanel22
SMV Club
SMV Club

Facebook comments

Next

Return to Success Questions