Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Here is what our members say about us...
"Joining the selfmadevip community is probably one of the best correct decisions I've made in my life. I'm in love with this site because how everyone gets along so well and how this site is managed. And everyone who participates in this community has one purpose, to be successful."
markzor, 03 Apr 2008 More testimonials can be found here

What is important while writing texts which SELL?

E-Commerce, Online Business, Internet, SEO SEO Search Engine Optimization, Traffic Generation, Copywriting, Email Marketing, Web Site/Blog Templates, Blogging, eBay & Online Auctions, Pay-Per-Click Advertising (PPC), Network Marketing (MLM), Affiliate Schemes, Clickbank

Post by viktorados on Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:02 pm

There are many approaches towards copywriting, but what works for you?
How to write texts which really make your client want to instantly buy your product?
viktorados
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: What is important while writing texts which SELL?

Post by stef_a on Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:19 am

What I find is instead of a advertisement, write it in article format instead. Usually they generate more controversy/objectivity which is good for what you're trying to sell.
stef_a

Post by viktorados on Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:42 pm

Before writing any article for the front page of your website or for your mailing list, one should consider the following basic issues:
* Who is your client/audience?
* What is his/her usual lifestyle? Where do they spend their time? What thoughts do they have?
* What NEEDS do they have? What pain does their unrealized need may bring them?
* What are their usual goals? How they can be motivated?

As the first step, one has to understand the person to whom the written text is being addressed, and then only the writing of the text can begin.
viktorados
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Montana on Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:09 am

My friend,

Copywriting is salesmanship. It's more oriented towards the sales psychology side than to the writing side.

You can take a good salesman and turn him into a copywriter in a few hours. On the other side, you can take a novelist and you can't make him sell even if his life depends on this.

Therefore, copywriting is taking basic sales laws and put them into writing. It's persuading your prospect through written words instead of a one on one communication.

Don't focus on the writing. Focus on finding these laws and applying them as good as you can. Because at this moment, I usually don't even write copy. I record myself selling to a few real prospects and then I transcribe.

Of course, there is a lot of editing, but I never start writing copy with a blank piece of paper in front of me.

What I do is try to find people who may need my service / who bought it in the past / who bought something similar. Then I call them. If I can find any locally, I meet with them.

I ask them what they expect, what they like, what they don't like. I probe as far as I can go.

If I sell a weight loss product, I ask them why do they eat. They usually reply because it makes me feel good and it fills the emptiness inside. They also reply because it's their way of coping with life problems and that food is delicious.

I go further. I ask them why it's delicious. Why do they take this road to escaping? Why does it make them feel good?

I ask them until no answer is left. In those 30 - 40 minutes, from my conversation with them (I try to make it look natural and not stress them out), I have the complete copy laid down in front of me.

If I add Amazon.com reviews (I use Amazon reviews to find out language patterns people use when commenting on a certain book) and my writing + salesmanship experience, I've got a kick-butt piece of sales copy in one week or less.

A sales copy that will give it it's best shot to sell.

Razvan
Montana

Facebook comments

Return to 1. SELF-EMPLOYED (Discussion)