Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Here is what our members say about us...
"Hi guys I've only joined in yesterday. I find this site to be just wonderful. I really admire all your efforts to post such a nice collection of success info... I hope it will be a wonderful experience to be with you guys. I really appreciate your efforts to build this site."
vip elite, 10 Mar 2007 More testimonials can be found here

Warren Edward Buffett (Billionaire, Investment)

Walk through the life of a self made VIP: side by side, from the beginning to the last days. Post in this personal development forum biographies of your favorite VIPs.

Moderator : viktorados

Warren Edward Buffett (Billionaire, Investment)

Post by BillGold on Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:38 am

Warren Edward Buffett (born August 30, 1930) is a wealthy American investor and businessman. Nicknamed the "Oracle of Omaha" or the "Sage of Omaha", Buffett has amassed an enormous fortune from astute investments, particularly through his company Berkshire Hathaway, in which he holds a greater than 38% stake. With an estimated current net worth of around $42 billion, he is ranked by Forbes as the second-richest person in the world, behind only Microsoft chairman Bill Gates.

Despite his immense wealth, Buffett is famous for his unpretentious and frugal lifestyle. He continues to live in the same house in Omaha he bought in 1957 for $31,500. His chairman's salary from Berkshire Hathaway of $100,000 per annum is extremely modest by corporate American standards.

More information about his life story you may find here.
Last edited by BillGold on Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BillGold
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by BillGold on Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:39 am

Quotes by Warren Buffett (b.1930)

I always knew I was going to be rich. I don't think I ever doubted it for a minute.

The first rule is not to lose. The second rule is not to forget the first rule.

Of the billionaires I have known, money just brings out the basic traits in them. If they were jerks before they had money, they are simply jerks with a billion dollars.

It's better to hang out with people better than you,... Pick out associates whose behavior is better than yours and you'll drift in that direction.

The business schools reward difficult complex behavior more than simple behavior, but simple behavior is more effective.

You should invest in a business that even a fool can run, because someday a fool will.

More quotes you may find here here.
BillGold
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Askana on Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:13 am

is there any biography books on Warren Buffet
Askana

Post by viktorados on Thu May 10, 2007 12:51 pm

Warren Buffett Talks at the University of Florida
1 hr 27 min 35 sec
305 MB

A rare opportunity to see and hear the man himself. The exact opposite of a stuffy suit, you will be amazed at how unassuming, laid back and down to earth he really is.
Buffett is a great guy and this video is not to be missed!!

Link
viktorados
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by LeftBehind on Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:43 pm

Much respect to Warren Buffett. He truly is larger than life and now in the process of giving $30 billion, the largest private donation in U.S. history, to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation which aims to globally enhance healthcare and reduce extreme poverty and locally in the United States expand educational opportunities and access to information technology. Warren is a winner!
LeftBehind
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Facebook comments

Next

Return to Our MENTORS