Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Here is what our members say about us...
"I only joined to say thanks for the Audio book I downloaded 'The Alchemist' but I didn't know that this is the theme of your forum 'selfmadevip', really amazing and unique, you've got a Gem here! I also would like to congratulate you on the forum design it is also unique, cool, it fits well here!"
datadata, 25 Dec 2007 More testimonials can be found here

Trying To Work My Plan

Success forum for own stories of personal achievement. Here members can discuss how they are progressing towards achieving the Life of their Dreams and self-improvement

Moderator : developing_success

Re: Trying To Work My Plan

Post by jmad93 on Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Okay. Looks like I've got some reading to get started on. If I'm able to get something decent together, I'll let you guys know so you can give me some feedback, but if it sucks, you'll never hear from me again! :oops:
jmad93
Curious Child
Curious Child

Post by lcardona on Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:56 pm

You can try to be great performer on all knowledge areas, and it's good to try and develop new skills...

But remember "There is no multi-million dollar company" formed by one person.

You need a team, and focus on you ideas not in developing skills

If you need a programmer , well hire one...
If you are afraid of your ideas to be steal ...
well sign an contract with your team and include a None Disclosure statement...
probably you are going to need a good lawyer too... such as an accountant, designer, marketing, and sales people ...
etc.

You need to start, Yes!! , but you need to star having a TEAM ...

Regards
lcardona

Post by newmister on Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:33 pm

I solved this problem in this way:

i registered on the site of free-lancers, than I made a theme "Entertainment site" and uploaded a very simple version of all my requests to future site, BUT i didn't say in this document about main idea of the site, because it was very important for me, and I think for you too. 8)

Then I indicated the price I want to pay for this site. Then I chose 2 best free-lancers with best portfolios and gave them almost whole vision of my future site, after that I choose one of them and told the main idea.
I can create site, but not in the high level as I needed. :unsure:
So, you can make as I :D
newmister
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by jmad93 on Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:17 am

lcardona wrote:You can try to be great performer on all knowledge areas, and it's good to try and develop new skills...

But remember "There is no multi-million dollar company" formed by one person.

You need a team, and focus on you ideas not in developing skills

If you need a programmer , well hire one...
If you are afraid of your ideas to be steal ...
well sign an contract with your team and include a None Disclosure statement...
probably you are going to need a good lawyer too... such as an accountant, designer, marketing, and sales people ...
etc.

You need to start, Yes!! , but you need to star having a TEAM ...

Regards

I do have a team, however, I have been unable to recruit a designer as of yet. I am a technical person, so I know I could probably figure out how to design a decent site, but I'd much rather let someone else deal with the nuts and bolts. I may start of designing the site myself just so I feel like I'm moving towards my ultimate goal, but as soon as I find a good, trustworthy web person, I'll definitely turn it over to them.
jmad93
Curious Child
Curious Child

Post by jmad93 on Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:19 am

newmister wrote:I solved this problem in this way:

i registered on the site of free-lancers, than I made a theme "Entertainment site" and uploaded a very simple version of all my requests to future site, BUT i didn't say in this document about main idea of the site, because it was very important for me, and I think for you too. 8)

Then I indicated the price I want to pay for this site. Then I chose 2 best free-lancers with best portfolios and gave them almost whole vision of my future site, after that I choose one of them and told the main idea.
I can create site, but not in the high level as I needed. :unsure:
So, you can make as I :D

Now this is the route I initially wanted to go. I just didn't know how I'd convey my million dollar idea without giving it away to someone skilled enough to pull it off without me. I trust that your experience was a positive one, correct I guess I'll have to scrape a few dollars together and see what these freelance sites have to offer.
jmad93
Curious Child
Curious Child

Facebook comments

Previous Next

Return to Success Stories