Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Here is what our members say about us...
"Hey guys, l was just randomly browsing the internet and found this forum. I look forward to sharing my experiences with you and maybe getting your help on figuring out the rest of what it takes to be to 100% successful. Believe in your dreams, believe in yourself and just go for your aims because you already have everything you need!"
boeer, 19 Aug 2007 More testimonials can be found here

Trying To Work My Plan

Success forum for own stories of personal achievement. Here members can discuss how they are progressing towards achieving the Life of their Dreams and self-improvement

Moderator : developing_success

Re: Trying To Work My Plan

Post by newmister on Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:12 pm

jmad93 wrote: I trust that your experience was a positive one, correct I guess I'll have to scrape a few dollars together and see what these freelance sites have to offer.

Yeah, you're right! My experience was positive :roll: I think, you can remove from your idea "grain of million" and give to free-lancers simple version of your million-idea site :D
And about free-lancers, their prices are lower, becouse they don't need to advertise themselves, as web-design companys do...

Good luck! :D
newmister
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by developing_success on Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:22 pm

A few points to add up:
+Joomla 1.5 is no longer beta, it's stable
+Joomla has many skins :)
+ A professional web designer will certainly know what to do :wink:

Also it is very important to know what you really want your site to be, since i started about 4 and finished none since i don't know what to do :unsure: .

I wish you good luck my friend with any method you choose to make your site :D
Was my reply valuable? For even more value, visit my blog: http://universallifecoach.com/
SMV COACHING! | My favorite books
Image Image
developing_success

Post by jmad93 on Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:53 pm

First of all, I just want to thank everyone for their input. You've all got some great ideas and you've helped me to really focus on what I need to do. I think my energies will be better spent coming up with ideas and focusing on the marketing and implementation of my ideas. There's no need for me to learn how to master the art of web design when I can pay someone else to do it for me.

I actually just reconnected with an old friend the other day who happens to be an accomplished web designer. What a coincidence! :wink: Anyway, we'll be meeting later on this week to discuss what I need him to do. He's a very good friend but I've told him that I don't want any special favors. I plan to pay him just like all of his other clients so he shouldn't be concerned that I'm looking for a hookup. We haven't discussed price yet, but I'm budgeting for about $1000. Is that fair
jmad93
Curious Child
Curious Child

Post by jmad93 on Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:04 pm

Just to keep everyone updated, I've found an excellent web designer and he's already started development on my project. We're hoping to have a beta site ready within the next 30 days. Now I just need to work on bringing traffic to my site. Hopefully the web designer can help me with that, too.

To be honest, I've never totally understood how websites make money. Does anyone have any sites they can recommend to help me figure out which approach to use with my site/project Thanks.
jmad93
Curious Child
Curious Child

Post by stewbroth on Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:33 pm

network for whatever skills or connections you do not have.

delegate, do not "dump" on your people resources, helpers, crew or team

success comes easier when let others get you there :-)
when in danger, hug a tree and blow your whistle.......
~~~~~~~~~~Barney
stewbroth
SMV Club
SMV Club

Facebook comments

Previous Next

Return to Success Stories