Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

The True Secret of Lasting Success in Business

Success forum for own stories of personal achievement. Here members can discuss how they are progressing towards achieving the Life of their Dreams and self-improvement

Moderator : developing_success

The True Secret of Lasting Success in Business

Post by real on Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:16 pm

There are a lot of theories about how to build a successful business. People will tell you to set goals, to be persistent, to think big, thoughts have power... But there are few people who dare to tell you the true secret of success in business. The reason for that is not that they are afraid of you knowing the secret but simply and only because the most people who are not successful yet are not ready to know the secret and to accept it, and you will soon know why.

Successful business is not about making money, about getting rich! It is not about the freedom of living a lavish lifestyle! Have you ever thought why Warren Buffet, one of the richest man in the world, still lives in a rather small house and drives his old car? Have you ever wondered why Steve Jobs, the founder of one of the most successful computer companies in the world, always wears simple jeans and sneakers? Have you ever noticed that Sergey Brin, one of the two founders of Google, wears simple t-shirts all the time?

Successful business is about self-realization, it is about leaving a long lasting lifework, an opus after we pass away.

And this in turn is done by serving other people, to make lives of other people better, to make the world a better place. A business is a tool that helps you to serve other people better! This is the key, the true secret of lasting success that is so hard to accept. Even in religious scripts you will find the idea that man should serve God. And the best way to serve God is to serve other people!

Do not focus on how to make more money. Focus on how to serve more people and to serve them better. Think of how your creation, invention, service can help other people. Certainly, sooner or later you will have to charge for your service; otherwise you will not be able to maintain it. Thus, charging for your service helps you to serve other people and therefore is all right! Still, never focus on money and profit maximization. Your service to other people should be your primary concern.
real
SMV Club
SMV Club

Re: The True Secret of Lasting Success in Business

Post by Goldy2 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:36 pm

thnx real, very interesting concept!? you made me think! :blink:
When you're ready to quit, you're closer than you think. Do the thing you fear most and the death of fear is certain. Only those who are asleep make no mistakes, losing is simply learning how to win, there is no failure, only feedback!
Goldy2

Few more words about serving other people...

Post by real on Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:04 pm

Note how many books are out there with the title "How to Become Rich" or similar. Stop for the moment and think: what do you really want! Your actual desire is to be happy, to live a joyful life. All your strivings for the millions of dollars are based on the assumption that money or things and experiences money can buy will bring you the fulfillment of the actual desire, which is again to experience joy and love.

Now remember what have brought you the experience of joy and happiness in your life. Certainly, you were happy to get paid for the job done but this was definitely not the only source. Remember your feelings from helping someone without expecting anything in return like helping to carry a baby carriage up the stairs for a stranger or giving a present at a birthday of a person you love...

May be the term servant (and to serve) raises a negative association with being a slave. Because of that, many individuals will deny the idea of serving other people with thoughts like "I do not want to be a servant, I do not want to work for anyone..." without realizing how much pleasure the experience of serving can bring. To illustrate this, imagine how much fun a film maker gets from observing the audience watching his movie. He has created the movie not for himself but to entertain other people, which is again to serve other people. In other circumstances the concept of serving is more obscured but still present in the essence of the activity. And if you do your job better than required you will have much more fun from it.

Some time ago I stumbled upon a quote from the bible which says "the love of money is the root of all evil". The expression is commonly misquoted as simply "money is the root of all evil" [Wikipedia]. Now think of those harmless appearing money attracting affirmations like "I love money and money loves me" we are thought today by many self-help authors!
real
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by Jerry23 on Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:52 am

Successful business is not about making money, about getting rich! It is not about the freedom of living a lavish lifestyle! Have you ever thought why Warren Buffet, one of the richest man in the world, still lives in a rather small house and drives his old car? Have you ever wondered why Steve Jobs, the founder of one of the most successful computer companies in the world, always wears simple jeans and sneakers? Have you ever noticed that Sergey Brin, one of the two founders of Google, wears simple t-shirts all the time?

So I belive that you are right, but there is something that you missed. Its important to define what succes means for you. And dont condition bussines succes with your happines. What do I mean. I love myself, I respect myself, I enjoy every breath that I take, I enjoy natures smel in to morning, I enjoy ful moon, I enjoy girls, I enjoy everrithing that is fullfiling my life. But most of all I love me. And everithing else is just a bonus. My girls, my bussines succes, everighting. If I fali, well Iam still happy and proude, proude about who am I and what I stand for.
Manny people seeks validation of succes in others, and thay compete for whos earning more. Hes down to earth guy, and one of rearity. His passion is about relaestates and it maked him big money, but why does he do it more and more? Robert Grene law 47 when you reach succes in wining, know when to stop. This mean for me, that I have goal for the erarning, and I dont want past that goal anything.

Some poeple want money becouse of affirmation other. That is bigger issue. I have goals for my earning, I want to travel europe and have enoufe for to chil and enjoy my life. When ever I get that much money so that is possible, Iwill stop. So, I belive that in order to be succesuful, you need to make money for something, not just for numbers.

For me 10 000$ monthly encome is what I am aiming for, and that woould cover all my goals. When I reach it, I will stop to pursuit bussines growth. I dont need to be MULTY BILIONARE, I just need for what I want.

Successful business is about self-realization, it is about leaving a long lasting lifework, an opus after we pass away.

Why would you do something for affirmation of others? All my life I do things to enrich my pleasures and enjoyment of world. That is my motivation, Egoisam at it best.

And this in turn is done by serving other people, to make lives of other people better, to make the world a better place. A business is a tool that helps you to serve other people better! This is the key, the true secret of lasting success that is so hard to accept. Even in religious scripts you will find the idea that man should serve God. And the best way to serve God is to serve other people!

Area of your education clearly didnt teach you what religion is all about. Mass control of people. I personaly belive that there exist something, but I dont belive that I should pay for service of my belives. And througt time, religion only was used to manipulate people to for all the stupidest reasons commint crimes, murders and manny retarded things. Usually people that are looking for some OUT SOURSE MOTIVATION are not strong character and dont know what are thay goals, and dont have domination, manhood and leadersip instintc. Better advice is to go for self help books and give your ego, leadership instintc and other things that enrich mans from ancient time back in you. Weake your lion inside. Be a man, and make oyur decisions with pride and glory. Dont take some fony ass religious as your directions. Do everytihing for right reaosns that will enrich YOU!

Do not focus on how to make more money. Focus on how to serve more people and to serve them better. Think of how your creation, invention, service can help other people. Certainly, sooner or later you will have to charge for your service; otherwise you will not be able to maintain it. Thus, charging for your service helps you to serve other people and therefore is all right! Still, never focus on money and profit maximization. Your service to other people should be your primary concern.

This is true, best way to be absoluty sure that you will get rich, is to monetize your passions...

Regards Garry...
Game is life, life is bit.h, and we, wee are just pimping it ALL!
Jerry23

Post by real on Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:11 am

Often enough, people striving for success consisting of self-pleasure and 10k bucks monthly income will not get there or will get there and get disappointed. I do not promote any religion, just share a realization I have gotten recently. I believe that sharing the idea above will barely help anyone to understand and accept this approach to business and to life in general, but it may help individuals who are close to this realization to get there faster.

I have read many success authors. Many of them suggest the reader - without giving a convincing reason why - to do charitable donations. Now I understand why, I believe :-)
real
SMV Club
SMV Club

Facebook comments

Next

Return to Success Stories