Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

The Ruthless Carebear and the Dichotomy of Man...

Talking about anything that doesn't fit into other categories of this personal development forum

Moderator : developing_success

The Ruthless Carebear and the Dichotomy of Man...

Post by Noesis on Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:35 am

Let me start out by saying that I wasn't really sure where to post this, so if a moderator knows of a better place to put the thread, by all means, be my guest. Onward!
The more I read and learn, the more I keep coming back to the issue of the Dichotomy of Man. In brief, it is the fundamental paradox of the potential of man's nature for both good and evil. It is Dale Carnegie and Machiavelli. Jesus' "innocent doves" and "wise serpents." The PUA's evolutionary psychological understanding of social dynamics, whilst seeing the best in everyone. The list goes on.
It would seem then that if one were in pursuit of truth, one would be pulled in two opposite directions. I find merit in both Dale Carnegie and Machiavelli, so then would I be doomed to be an amalgamation of the two A Ruthless Carebear if you will Perhaps the most effective solution I can think of would be that of the courtier of old, the iron fist in the velvet glove.
This is by no means a new issue and it is a paradox I can in all likelihood accept. However, I foresee potential issues when it comes to the area of integrity. Following the whole "to your own self be true" of Shakespeare, the question arises: which self
Thoughts
-Noesis
Noesis
Curious Child
Curious Child

Re: The Ruthless Carebear and the Dichotomy of Man...

Post by developing_success on Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:58 pm

I believe people are neutral from birth (maybe except some few genetic cases). And are shaped by parents and society. If the person develops a healthy mind then he is good, but remember what might seem good to some or to the person in discussion might seem bad to others.

If he/she is treated bad then he might be bad so he will feel good. We must draw a line between good/bad for yourself and the rest of the world.

So do good to yourself and the world at the same time remembering you cannot please everybody.
Was my reply valuable? For even more value, visit my blog: http://universallifecoach.com/
SMV COACHING! | My favorite books
Image Image
developing_success

Facebook comments

Return to General