Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Here is what our members say about us...
"The Greatest Value in SelfMadeVIP is not what I GET. Is what I Become after what I get here. It helps to make real the purpose of my life."
Brainy, 03 Dec 2007 More testimonials can be found here

Stop Babysitting Yourselves

Success forum for own stories of personal achievement. Here members can discuss how they are progressing towards achieving the Life of their Dreams and self-improvement

Moderator : developing_success

Stop Babysitting Yourselves

Post by dandll on Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:36 am

Hi Everyone I'm a little frustrated so here it is
PEOPLE looking to be successful never will, you have to jump right in .....you have to be prepared to defend your successes ( most people lack that courage )
you have to be prepared to do what it takes...simple as that. I'm on my way to building my 3rd fortune, loosing the first 2 taught me 2 things...
success is a measure of what changes in you and the measure of a successful man ( sorry ladies ) is not what he has but what he is prepared to loose.
Peeps we have to stop reading-listening and yes even learning and start doing......remember knowledge is just the half buried corpse of information.
All the best and lets keep winning
cheers
dandll
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by bysbox1 on Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:39 pm

Action and Knowlege goes hand in hand though . . . If you are all action and no knowledge, then there is a high probablility you will make mistakes that will hinder you from being succesful. If you are all knowledge and no action, then you will never change or never challenge yourself and you will never grow, thus you will not acquire success either.

I have a friend of mine who is all action and no knowledge. He hates to acquire knowledge, read a book, listen to mentors, or do anything that involves learning. He just wants to make money (and there is more to being successful than making money). He started a Real Estate investing business and he keeps making the same mistakes over and over again because he fails to acquire the knowledge needed to make him successful at his endeavours. He is struggling with his Real Estate investing business.

Another friend of mine is doing the same business as my first friend . Instead of just performing action with no reason, he went out and acquired knowledge, then he acts upon that knowledge. He would read, talk to mentors, go to discussion groups. He would then take the ideas create a plan and carry out the plan. He is 10 times more successful at Real Estate investing than my first friend and he acquired the success and knowledge in half the time . . .

The key here is balance. You can't have one without the other so you need to balance your knowledge with action.
bysbox1

Post by LeftBehind on Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:08 pm

Good point bysbox1: "Action and Knowlege goes hand in hand though . . . If you are all action and no knowledge, then there is a high probablility you will make mistakes that will hinder you from being succesful. If you are all knowledge and no action, then you will never change or never challenge yourself and you will never grow, thus you will not acquire success either." Nicely said.

And hello dandll, I know a couple men who have done exactly the same thing you have. They made and lost a couple fortunes over the course of their lives and are building their third one as older men. They are wiser now.

One definition of insanity is when we continue to do the same things over and over yet somehow expecting different results. Lol.. It takes some people a couple of times around the tarmac to figure this out unfortunately.

Thanks for you post because there are a lot of people in this situation. Men and women that did very well but lost it in some manner and are rebuilding. I like to call them "Gypsy Millionaires" because they had their million(s) and then lost them.
LeftBehind
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by dandll on Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:41 am

Two Great Replies and thanx...honestly this time round I have a much harder edge, its actually easy to build a fortune.....these days a d*ckhead could do it ( many have ) the problem is defending your fortune. I would love to see some edgier replies, more honesty,open up and lets get the most out of this place. Oh and always remember "It's not what you KNOW ABOUT WHAT YOU DO but what you DO ABOUT WHAT YOU KNOW THAT WORKS "
BTW lost my first fortune when I got cancer for 2 years before I kicked its arse, lost my second when a corrupt govt. squeezed my firm and my partner committed suicide. Aint life grand!
Cheers for now
dandll
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Re: Stop Babysitting Yourselves

Post by newmister on Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:29 am

I've read all your posts.
My opinioin - move with little steps, and read books.
To make the first step you may not have special knowledge, but then you have to read books and aquire your knowledge, to get success faster and faster.
newmister
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Facebook comments

Next

Return to Success Stories