Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

Starting to lose hope...

In this self improvement forum we help our members who search for mentor or go through challenges during their personal development

Moderator : developing_success

Starting to lose hope...

Post by Kamina123 on Sat May 12, 2012 1:55 am

I have been trying for years to start my own business. I want to start a manga publishing company because I love writing, and I love japanese culture. But I need immediate income. It seems the whole process is taking too long, and I hate working normal jobs. I dream about being an entrepreneur, and I know deep down it's what I want to do, and when I try to do other things I can't. I just can't seem to figure things out anymore. Now it just seems like I dont know what to do. Has anyone else gone through this? What did you do? I'm trying to stay positive, but it's starting to just get over whelming, and making me depressed. How can I get out of this funk, and re kindle that passion in my life.
Kamina123

Re: Starting to lose hope...

Post by blackholesun on Sat May 12, 2012 10:30 am

here`s a brutally honest answer

business is all about structure, systems, customer service, all the boring stuff, running a successful business should be boring and predictable, this is why most rich and successful people tend to be a aloof, because they are bored out of their fucking minds, by the routine

which answers your question on why you aren`t succeeding, it`s not the product it`s your lack of organizing stuff and not being street smart at the same time

don`t expect too much help from forums and books, because they are just a giant repository of abstract theory, the real stuff is hard work, 10% theory + 90% dedication to success

do what you like and the money will follow is a big fucking lie

in reality it`s about finding out your talents, look what`s needed now or in the future and if you like it, do it than for money

why don`t you draw cartoons for a newspaper or a website first, associate yourself with people in that domain, than you start up your publishing company

and another success secret people don`t tell you in books and here, is that you ain`t worth shit on your own, better start working on the one-on-one persuasion too, because people generally don`t care about the other, everyone`s preoccupied with personal problems, so if you want to get from A to B, you need to "make them want to help you", that means, you figure out a way they could have a benefit by associating with you

and please stop bitching around the internet, it`s like having a discussion with some characters in the tv, you`ll get nowhere by relying 99% on online crap

this is my opinion, this is my experience of reality, take it or leave it
blackholesun

Post by jamilpremji27 on Sat May 19, 2012 12:39 am

First get in touch with "why" you want to have a manga publishing company.
Second write a plan on "how" to get what you want.
Third accept that disciple is...everything when it comes to achieving outstanding results, as blackholesun said this s%$# can be pretty boring, you have to put in hours at times when you dont want to, you have to be willing to do really boring stuff at times. You have to be willing to work VERY hard and long hours to EVER succeed at creating something as outstanding as a manga publishing company.

The general summary is that emotions can work for you (passion) or against you (fear), thus sometimes detaching emotionally for a short time and looking at where you are, where you want to go, and if you can do it REALLY helps. I believe if this was a video game you would have the ability to create a manga business, cause you ll look online for strategies and just follow it, no emotion slowing you down or making you stop playing.

So a dose of realism, and also knowing why you are doing what you are doing might help get things moving :)
Also if you think of why you want to start a manga publishing company, and it no longer excites you, do not be afraid to let the idea go...though if you are still passionate follow your dreams otherwise you might think of this goal 4ever
www.onesuccessdaily.com
jamilpremji27

Post by blackholesun on Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:05 pm

so what we have here Kamina123 hopefully being busy

and jamilpremji27 reciting like a student, looking for approval, due to early social conditioning and safe and boring childhood

the internet is a bad joke as allways
blackholesun

Facebook comments

Return to Help Me with & Success Coaching...