Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

Starting to invest

Investing in Stocks, Stocks Trading, FOREX Trading, HYIP, Investing in Real Estate and Property, Investing in Precious Metals, Investing in Commodities, Investing in Art etc

Starting to invest

Post by brendan on Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:15 am

Many greetings.

Guys I have just come into some money. It's enough to be really interested in investing but, as I have never had money really, I have absolutely no idea.

So I need some advice.

What should be my first step? What kind of a person should I talk to? What are the courses and books that will advice me well in these times of crisis and recession?

All input here will be more than welcome.

Thanks
brendan
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Re: Starting to invest

Post by Cruiser on Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:53 pm

Probably a financial planner. Before doing that, find someone you know who is good with money and get some advise or recommendations on who to see.
Cruiser

Post by aydinmo on Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:29 pm

I recommend that you read "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" by Robert Kiyosaki...it's a great book to start with and an absolute classic.

Then go onto books by Warren Buffet
aydinmo

Post by vinny on Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:30 pm

Please use THANKS button, if you'd like to thank the poster!
vinny

Post by richieporter on Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:26 pm

I agree with aydinmo. "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" is a fantastic read. I would also recommend Wall Street Journal: Complete Money and Investing Guidebook. It is a great foundation for all things investment related. It doesn't really get too heavy into strategy, but it explains all the different markets and their relationships. It will give you a good foundation of the lingo and how things work so that you can ask intelligent questions.
richieporter
Curious Child
Curious Child

Facebook comments

Next

Return to 3. INVESTOR (Discussion)