Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Here is what our members say about us...
"My first impression of this site is that here can meet people with likely visions and dreams, we can share ideas which could help us achieve our goals."
Fred Morel, 19 May 2007 More testimonials can be found here

Starting a business

Talking about anything that doesn't fit into other categories of this personal development forum

Moderator : developing_success

Starting a business

Post by omegaclass on Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:36 pm

I just opened up a new business in Indiana right now it s only part time, but I believe all will work out.

The basis of my new venture is to make my ideas into products and my latest idea and the only one as of now is in the testing phase to see if it will sell and if so who will make it for me. Now that is the 64,000 dollar question. So far everyone who uses my prototype I made loves it.

If you are reading this any help you could offer on a good manufacture would be helpful and most appreciated beyond comprehension

More will come as I make progress thanks for reading
omegaclass

Re: Starting a business

Post by omegaclass on Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:38 pm

As you may or may not know I started a business in product design 3 months ago. I just got an idea that I just couldn t let go, so here I go. Just how far the rabbit hole goes, we shall see.

However I want to let people know that stating a business is as simple as jumping into the deep end of the swimming pool, but one must know how to swim you say. Well yes, but I would get some mentors first and then go to the pool and jump in. should you look like you re in trouble your mentors will throw a life jacket, pull you out and make you do it again only this time giving you more tips after they seen you flounder. They can now give you the information you need to stay afloat. So the time honored method of jumping right in, as far as I am concerned is the only way to start a business. Just make sure you have at least one mentor that you can trust

I will outline my steps I used to make it happen for me. It s really is that simple, no theory just practical know how and desire.

1. Have a burning desire and a major definite purpose to do something that will either make life easier for people or make them feel good about themselves, I prefer to make life easier for my customers.

2. Make a definite plane on how you are going provide the goods or service, instruction on the operations. Your plan will start off simple but as you move forward more issues will come up and a standard O.P. will need to be recorded. Always build the business with automation in mind, after all you do want to go to the Bahamas someday or take your boat out.

3. Identify the things that you can or can t do if specialized knowledge is needed buy it, learn it, but do it.

4. Have faith in your plan and always make adjustment if something isn t working.

5. Take action, not much more I can say here, you made a plan follow it. Make it happen.

6. Limit spending, have only the bare essentials. if you don t need business cards don t get them, if you can get by with an old computer do it, don t buy it if you don t need it. Ask yourself this one question every time you go to spend money "will this money bring in new customers or help me keep money I already have which can be measured with confidence"; if not, don t spend. Cash for a business is its life s blood so doesn t cut any arteries. There is always someone ready to take your money with a smile and they usually offer you little on retune on investment. Not enough can be said here. I would need a 300 page book to really make the case on being cautious with your company s hard earned cash.

7. Have a savings, a profits and giving account at the bank, save 10 percent of profits, place the remaining profits in the other bank account, and put 10 percent in a giving account. Remember the law of reciprocity Simply put you get back 10 times what you give, but you must give to things that make you feel incredible.

I just don t understand it, I gave 350 dollars to a church that was struggling and 4 months latter I came into a lot of money, I just can t explain it. Seems God see you give with a good spirit and you get rewarded. It doesn t matter if you believe in God or not, the law holds for all. One more point don t give at all if you re giving to get, it won t work you might lose money as a punishment. So please don t give with selfishness in your heart.

Keep things simple, don t over analyze, sometimes a frog is just a frog no matter how many times you kiss it.

That s it for now; I will add more at a later time if i need to. I limit my internet time so I can do other things as well, so I wish you all abundance and joy.

Omegaclass

PS: Please forgive my English; it is atrocious after all I only speak American and if you ask any Englishmen or student of English as a second language he will no doubt agree
Last edited by omegaclass on Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
omegaclass

Post by omegaclass on Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:39 pm

Serendipity or Coincidences

I visited my engineering professor today and was telling him about the new business I started and mentioned the seeds of motivation came from Napoleon hill's book. And you should have seen his eyes light up as he said did you know that Purdue is home to the Napoleon Hill World Leaning Center and they have a library right here on campus I was shocked I didn t even know that. So now I must go and visit the center and see what there is to see and do what there is to do and become what there is to become, since I consider Mr. Hill the mentor I never had. Also there is a seminar they offer only one time per year. The next one that comes up I will be part of. Talk about serendipity or Brian Tracy would say the probability (LUCK) factor
omegaclass

Post by qnn on Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:48 pm

So you're an inventor Very interesting...

If you're looking for manufacturer try browsing alibaba.com. If your're not running small niche business, it is much cheaper to manufacture in asia, even not so large quantities...
qnn
Sponsor
Sponsor

Facebook comments

Return to General