Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

So who inspires us?

Talking about anything that doesn't fit into other categories of this personal development forum

Moderator : developing_success

Re: So who inspires us?

Post by 4everlearner on Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:39 pm

GetAhead wrote:Actually, there is a lesson or two to be learned from many people. They need not be VIPs. Even your colleague or neighbour can teach you something with the way they behave or tackle problems. Whenever I feel low, I think of all the persons who are less fortunate because of their physical disabilities and how they overcome it everyday just to survive and to make a living. In my workplace, I have a person who is visually challenged but is game for any kind of work. I admire his tenacity in overcoming his disability and I remember his grit when the going gets tough at work.

IMO, you have to be like a sponge, absorbing the good ideas and traits that you see in others, even if they are not in public life.

Getahead , my perspective is similar to yours...

any person/creature who does the work beyond their expectation is an inspiration to me.. i used to get this sort of inspiration by watching most extreme program in animal planet....
When you want something, the whole universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.

www.selfmadevip.com
Live the life of your dreams!
4everlearner

Post by saison on Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:47 am

My failures,my weakness and new learning inspires me............
Identifying with Body, Mind & "I" is the Mother of All Sins & Weakness.
saison

Post by stewbroth on Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:58 am

everyone has something to offer
.....if you look for it
when in danger, hug a tree and blow your whistle.......
~~~~~~~~~~Barney
stewbroth
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by The_VIP on Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:00 pm

Andrew carnegie .......... father of modern philanthrophy and person responsible for creating modern self development by funding napolean hill's Think and grow rich
The_VIP

Post by RuiFerreira on Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:27 pm

I have both self-dev authors who inspire me and my all time heroes in one form or the other.

I started with Anthony Robbins and it was a great start, from there went to Wayne Dyer and been branching out into multiple ones since, the most interesting lately have been David Angelo and Tyle Durden amazingly with a lot more material and potential than their respective social field. I'm now into Durden's BluePrint and I recommend it as a total brain-juggling experience.

My fascinanting heroes since teenaging years have been people in computer sciences and movie making, here they are: John Carmack/John Romero/Steve Jobs/Steven Spielberg/George Lucas/James Cameron also Arthur C Clarke/Julius Verne/Walt Disney have a significant impact.

There are others I guess! :)

But you know what, my main ones are probably James Cameron and George Lucas. Lucas for Skywalker Ranch as this huge endeavour that represents the ultimate world impact and James Cameron for the sheer ambition and scope of everthing he toutches.

I'm still figuring out what these inspirations give me though....! :)
RuiFerreira
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Facebook comments

Previous

Return to General