Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Here is what our members say about us...
"I'm the biggest fan of selfmadevip. It's my home. It's my family. This site is part of my life to tell you the truth and I will continue to exist in selfmadevip till the day I die."
markzor, 03 Apr 2008 More testimonials can be found here

So how far are you on your way towards your DREAM?

Success forum for own stories of personal achievement. Here members can discuss how they are progressing towards achieving the Life of their Dreams and self-improvement

Moderator : developing_success

Post by LeftBehind on Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:18 am

Great thread and important question viktorados.

Reminds me of the story I heard about a very wealthy entrepreneur who invited one of his best employees to dinner at his mansion. After dinner, the wealthy entrepreneur walked him around the grounds.. in the garage he showed him his fantastic cars.. in the back he showed him his fantastic pool and spa and helicopter pad and speedboat docked at his private pier. At the end of the tour he told the young man that if he kept his nose to the grindstone and continued putting forth his all as he had been that all he had seen that night would still not be his. Bottom line: Whose dream are you building

I've spent my whole life building other people's dreams.. my boss's dream.. company owners.. even the shareholders of corporations (whom I never met) dreams of getting rich by buying stock in the corporations I worked for.

Fortunately, I had the good sense to value add to my life while I was ignorantly building everyone else's dreams in that I finished all of my college educational and professional license and certification goals.

Then I discovered what happens when it's not your dream as the outsourcing began at the trans-national corporation I worked for. The functions of several entire departments were outsourced.

So now I find myself starting over (fortunately I finished all of the hard stuff and have a very nice resume and palette of skillsets today). But the question still looms.. do I dba and start my own company and build it Do I partner with someone who is successfully marketing their product(s) but needs a brilliant IS/IT/MBA who can structure all of their dreams in exchange for a piece of it Or do I go back to work for a company/corporation as an employee

This question sits on the shoulder of each of us and I'm coming to the conclusion that the longer we defer our dream the harder it is to eventually obtain it.
LeftBehind
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by viktorados on Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:55 pm

There are two doors. One marked freedom and the
other marked security. Go through the one marked security and you lose both - R. Allen

I strongly suggest you read RICH DAD POOR DAD and THE CASHFLOW QUADRANT by Robert Kiyosaki.
Changing from employee to self-employed is merely a shift in your reality. It is like a drowning man gasping for air. You are choosing financial freedom rather than financial security.

Robert Kiyosaki @SelfMadeVIP
Last edited by viktorados on Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
viktorados
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by LeftBehind on Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:04 pm

Thank you viktorados. I will read them.
LeftBehind
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by bysbox1 on Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:02 pm

Anything by Kiyosaki is good. I would also recommend finding a financial success or real estate investor's club in your area. That way you surround yourself with like minded people and you can share ideas and network.

I would also advise you go to a Kiyosaki Cashflow 101 or 102 game. There are groups that play it or you can get the electronic game. While it is not totally true to life, has a lot of real life examples and it helps you to shift your reality from employee to investor/entrepeneur.
bysbox1

Post by LeftBehind on Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:24 pm

Those were good reads. Thanks guys. I understand what he's saying now.
LeftBehind
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Facebook comments

Previous Next

Return to Success Stories