Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

SMV v3.0

Talking about anything that doesn't fit into other categories of this personal development forum

Moderator : developing_success

SMV v3.0

Post by viktorados on Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:53 am

We have just got upgraded to a new version of our platform: SMV v3.0
Now it has:
+ new, more open design,
+ new blogging area for valuable articles or thoughts, where everybody can login with their facebook, google etc account
+ new forum category dedicated solely towards CashFlow Quadrant,
which will be focused on discussion from business and investment area
+ and all downloads will be located in the Success Library category

Please report all wishes and possible errors in replies to this thread.
Please note as well that we will do some cleaning on the forum, incl all member accounts with 0 posts will be removed as well.
viktorados
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: SMV v3.0

Post by developing_success on Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:32 am

Let me first congratulate you for the great work that you've done, it certainly looks more appropiate with the times in which we live :D

Bugs/suggestions:
1. Inserting smiles doesn't work and redirects you to a new page
2. It would have been great if you could link the username and password databases together, but linking with facebook/google is great as well. Also it would be better if you could make the wordpress signup use the same symbols as the forum ones. for eg: i had to register developingsuccess instead of developing_success because "_" simbol was not accepted.
3. Ads are messed up, the second one is shown below, when viewing posts
4. Could you bring back the floating bar at the bottom with the chat, videos, ...?
5. Were/how will we make new announcements?
6. perhaps choose between google search and phpbb search at the top?
7. Could you bring back recent activity? at least for moderators?
8. The avatar restrictions are too great in my opinion, related to file size: 11.86 KiB.

That's all for now, i'll post as soon as i find new bugs/get new ideas ;)
Was my reply valuable? For even more value, visit my blog: http://universallifecoach.com/
SMV COACHING! | My favorite books
Image Image
developing_success

Post by viktorados on Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:41 pm

>>1. Inserting smiles doesn't work and redirects you to a new page

It looks good on my PC. Did you clean up the cache of your browser?
:D :) :( :o :P :oops: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :unsure: :wub:

>>2. It would have been great if you could link the username and password databases together, but linking with facebook/google is great as well. Also it would be better if you could make the wordpress signup use the same symbols as the forum ones. for eg: i had to register developingsuccess instead of developing_success because "_" symbol was not accepted.

It required serious hacks to merge wordpress and phpbb, so I decided to make their userdatabases separate, and link wordpress to facebook to make it more convenient.

Wordpress has more strict username requirements and filters all special chars. I could hack it, but this might impact user login, taking into account automatic wordpress updates. Username is used only for login. On all your comments and posts you'll see your Name Surname (e.g. Developing Success)

>>3. Ads are messed up, the second one is shown below, when viewing posts

Corrected. Could you pls confirm that it looks good on your side too?

>>4. Could you bring back the floating bar at the bottom with the chat, videos, ...?

I will add it in 3-4 days to all blog area, incl chat. As the front page of forum is overloaded and has already the size >100Kb.
...in process...

>>5. Were/how will we make new announcements?

Moderator and Admin links are located now in the top menu "Success Forum" at the bottom.

>>6. perhaps choose between google search and phpbb search at the top?
...in process...

>>7. Could you bring back recent activity? at least for moderators?

Done. For everybody. :D

>>8. The avatar restrictions are too great in my opinion, related to file size: 11.86 KiB.

Wordpress avatars were left at their default settings. I'd suggest currently to leave as they are and to observe loading speeds.
viktorados
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by viktorados on Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:58 pm

+ I will transfer all blog posts from all our previous blog (from SMV v2.0) here, in 3-4 days.
viktorados
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by bitz09 on Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:14 pm

love the new interface..........keep up the good work........
bitz09

Facebook comments

Next

Return to General