Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

Sleep less

Talking about anything that doesn't fit into other categories of this personal development forum

Moderator : developing_success

Sleep less

Post by maxdog on Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:48 pm

I currently sleep about 8-9 hours a night, I have a friend who sleeps about 5 and he is always fit and he has energy.
I will now try sleeping about 6 hours per night for a week -
What do you think, can you train yourself so that you need less sleep
And I think this can be done otherwise things like polyphasic sleep or byphasic sleep wouldnA t work.

I just started reading: kacper M postawski - powerful sleep
http://selfmadevip.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=148&t=4415&p=23258
seems to be exactly what I wanted :happy:
maxdog
SMV Club
SMV Club

Re: Sleep less

Post by irfan on Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:44 pm

May be you can try this:

http://www.selfdevelop.info/index.php topic=6897.0;topicseen

Thanks
irfan
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by maxdog on Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:36 pm

Thanks, IA m very interested in products on the subject of sleeping less.
I have now reduced my sleeping time from 8-9 to 6 hours and a nap during the day and A have energy AND lots of time - the powerful sleep book really had some good ideas and insights but itA s like in time management - You have to have a reason to do it otherwise you give up after a short period of time.
maxdog
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by MC2 on Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:32 am

An interesting book on the subject of sleep is by James B. Maas called Power Sleep. He talks about the importance of sleep in regards to mental and physical health. I used to sleep 5 hours on average but have since increased to 8 hours and feel more productive as a result.
LIVE THE LIFE OF YOUR DREAMS
MC2
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Balance on Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:22 am

Normally I sleep 8-9 hours but I used to sleep for 5hours and 20min (plus a 15min nap during midday sometimes) for two months straight.
I couldn't feel any disadvantages and was quite happy but that doesn't mean there aren't any negative sides to it.
I think I came to the idea after I read "powerful sleep" (or some other book about it, can't remember).

I calculated how much "additional waking time" I would have if I pulled off sleeping no more than 5hrs + 30min for the rest of my life (I calculated to 100). It was astonishing how many years that would be and that motivated me immensely.

But then I stopped because I was told by a few people who do bodybuilding on a high level that sleeping for such short times has a very negative effect on muscle growth. So I decided to sleep 8hrs again and instead try to improve my "time management" (or rather priority management) rather than just adding more time to my day. :wink:

However - sleep is a topic I definitely will investigate further one day.
Balance
SMV Club
SMV Club

Facebook comments

Next

Return to General