Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

Sleep less

Talking about anything that doesn't fit into other categories of this personal development forum

Moderator : developing_success

Re: Sleep less

Post by MC2 on Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:59 pm

The additional time was the same reason that movitated me to sleep less. I experimented with polyphasic sleep for awhile but prefer monophasic.

Yes, sleep is vital for creating muscle. HGH (Human Growth Hormone) is released from the pituitary gland in the brain during sleep which has an anabolic effect on muscle growth.

Search the word sleep on bodybuilding.com and there are some articles that delve deeper into the topic in regards to increasing muscle mass.
LIVE THE LIFE OF YOUR DREAMS
MC2
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by billionairekid18 on Tue May 26, 2009 9:05 pm

It's funny how in our society that we have been brainwashed so severly that we think we must get 8-9 hours of sleep to have a good nights rest. I'd be careful who you listen to. Does anyone on here know where our recommendations for our diet come from? Our caloric intake, protein intake, ect is decided by the average american's diet (if you're in america). For an example they recommend like 60g/protein a day. Let's use common sense for a minute.

If the average american eats 60g of protein per day and the average american is obese now a days, what does that tell you? 8-9 hours is not a standard for everyone. While some people need that much sleep, not all do. It's been proven that deep meditation for an hour can have the same health benefits as 8-9 hours of rest for an average person. Time does not mean quality. I'd rethink your logic.
billionairekid18
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by chrisibrand on Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:40 pm

Actually a fascinating topic. I personally have read "Powerful Sleep" and for me it did not work. I am really not able to say that it does not work for other people and that the content is not true; I can only say that for me it did not work and it screwed me up.

As with saying "Brainwashing" tells us that we need to sleep 8-9 hours to be productive, I would take the other approach and say that brainwashing tells people that since we have so much to do, we "do not need so much sleep" and we now try to find the way to sleep less and have more energy. Anything promising that does of course meet a high demand out there and will surely make money.

For me presonally, I tried 5-6 hours of sleep and my results were horrible. I suffered from insomnia, was stressed out and exhausted all the time and close to chronic burnout. Now I've found a way to sleep around 8-9 hours per night and I am much more productive, because it is not the amount of hours you have, but what you do with the hours.

I get more done in 50 minutes of single-tasked, highly focused work than most people do in 3-4 hours with stressed, unconcentrated, multi-tasking work. Therefore, what works for me best is sleeping more and then only doing single-tasking chunks of time.
chrisibrand

Post by SuperAl on Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:54 pm

Check this website out...interesting article.

http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2005/05/how-to-become-an-early-riser/

"So if you want to become an early riser (or just exert more control over your sleep patterns), then try this: Go to bed only when you’re too sleepy to stay up, and get up at a fixed time every morning."
SuperAl
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by smith joe on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:41 am

In the initial stages it must be quite difficult for you to remain active by the sleeping only 6 hours.You may be cant work properly and remain weak in your daily routines.But the time goes up it might be helpful for you to fill up your energy to work in only 6 hours and you will remain fresh and smart and no having the disadvantages of it..
smith joe

Facebook comments

Previous Next

Return to General