Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

save my soul

In this self improvement forum we help our members who search for mentor or go through challenges during their personal development

Moderator : developing_success

save my soul

Post by xeon on Thu May 13, 2010 8:32 pm

Hi,
I think I am depressed,I have lost my creativity.life seems to me a phase ,which I just have to somehow pass.I feel very low on energy,even a small problem fires a series of negative images in my mind.Academically I am one of top 5 among my friends.I dont have motivation to follow a healthy routine,I do have goals but they occasionally excite me only.I always want to be alone.I am way to concerned about what other would think of me/my actions.
there isnt any fire in me.
plz suggest something.....

thanks & regards
xeon

Re: save my soul

Post by Tyler Durden on Sat May 15, 2010 2:28 pm

Hey buddy. I'm not doctor nor a spiritual master but i have something to say about it.

I also have strange waves of depression ocasionally, and at first they seem to be unexplainable. The counter-intuitive fact however is that depression is not that bad, the only thing really terrible about it, is that we RESIST it.

Here it is a short psychological explanation for it. Some biologists define the very abstract concept of ''aliveness'' by the function of the number of decisions that we make. Rocks are not alive because they take no decisions at all. Trees are alive because, althought static, they are continously making uncountable subtle decisions about which direction are they going to grow, or how much starch are they going to store for the winter, how many flowers to produce this season. All of that based on the environmental information.

Now think about us. If we don't make any decision at all, soon we will be starving or dying from thirsty. In other words, we are taking the death path. If we do make lots of decisions, even if we discover later that they were not the best (it is not about perfectionism, that is actually a pathology) suddenly we are walking throught the path of life.

I want you to get back in your memories, and try to feel the amazing sensations that we hold in our body and mind when we take strong decisions. Maybe it is about that public speech, that you were afraid to do, but you've took the decision to go for it anyway. Maybe is that gorgeous girl in college, that althought made your heart pound like a vulcano you've decided to take the risks no matter what. Maybe it could be about the relationship with parents and friends, you career. Anything. Feel the aliveness, that good refreshing feeling that seems to come as a bleesing from mother nature, chanting at us: "You are alive noble creature! You honor the spirit inside you''.

So, you may be now convinced that decision is a powerful aspect of life, but you may also be asking, how this piece of knowledge will be appliable to our sad waves.

It is so simple that i'm afraid that you are going to dismiss it. I simple want you to sit with your sadness. Take the decision to be with it this night. Be in a healthy loneliness just for tonight, and avoid escape the sadness by doing something. (Normally, we drink, eat, play video-games, watch television in order to escape the pain, but by doing this we are just putting a bandaid in a gangrene).

I also want you to redirect the attention from your thoughts to you body. Where actually the depression is manifesting itself. Is it a contraction in the stomach? A tension in the jaw? What is it? Has it a colour, a smell, a sound. Again, please don't dismiss it because of its simplicity, it has powerful psychological mechanics behind it.

Let me tell you my experience with all this. Now i not only do not resist depression, i am almost at the poing of embrace it happily. Sounds weird i know, but now i never had a depression that hadn't brought me a useful message. It reminds me that i have to dig deeper on my own way, and to shoot for the stars. It helps me to study my own behaviors from a perspective that we almost never have when we are ''on the run''. In short, i've never sitted fully with my depression at night, and any other set of emotions, without waking up much more strong and with a richer perspective at morning.

That is it, I humbly and sincerely hope that it will help you a lot! And that will rocket your inner potential to infinity and beyond.
Tyler Durden

Post by xeon on Sat May 15, 2010 8:22 pm

phew!!
Amazing insight.I have read your words again and again,still thinking of how to reply.every word u wrote is like pearl!!dont want to miss any.plz also suggest some books Tyler.
I will certainly reply,for sure

Thanks.
xeon

Post by Tyler Durden on Sat May 15, 2010 9:14 pm

I'm so glad that you liked it. :D

I'm reading my reply again, and i can notice that it is based mostly in 3 books.

And It's your lucky day, i've uploaded them for you.

P.h.D Paul Dobransky - Mind Operational System (This is an amazing unified theory of psychology, that will explain you in very practical ways, key aspects of our mental operation. The decision-making relation with aliveness is only one of them)

http://www.mediafire.com/?tyujjmmtkkm

Eckhart Tolle - The Power of Now
(This one is somewhat famous, and it basically unlocked me paths in life that i cannot linguistically describe. Hard to talk about this one, just read and be happy ;)

http://www.mediafire.com/?zdmlya0jy2g

Dr. Richard Bandler - Get the Life You Want (This one contain the essence of almost 40 years of NLP {Neuro-Linguistic Programming} research and development. NLP teach us that maybe we don't really understand how do our emotions and mental resources works. And in fact, we don't (at least i noticed that i knew nothing, and i was always looking in the wrong direction)

http://www.mediafire.com/?2zzyz1ejnye

Combined, i believe that these 3 books have a brutal sinergical effect. I would've loved if someone recommended them to me when i was in the beginning of my journey.

How to read them? I don't know much about your studying habits, but i do believe that reading the 3 at same time is excellent. Because they are veeeery practical books, with many diferent tecniques and resources they you may want to practice daily.

This last one is bonus. Read it only when you feel that you are ready. (When? I don't know)

James Allen - As the Man Thinketh

http://www.mediafire.com/?z52yrttjyj4
Tyler Durden

Post by xeon on Sat May 15, 2010 9:55 pm

I would undermine your generosity and effort if I say thanks.blessings for you
downloaded all the three.
will update you now and then.
ps:few things in my life made me "number aware"
I proposed to my girl on 13 jan
got major operation done on leg on 13 june
sum of digits of my first apartment away from home was 13.
its 3:19 now in India,sum is 13 !!
the list is very long...
see..your post is #13!!

I believe today is the turning point of my journey of life..
xeon

Facebook comments

Next

Return to Help Me with & Success Coaching...