Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

Sand and Stone

Success forum for own stories of personal achievement. Here members can discuss how they are progressing towards achieving the Life of their Dreams and self-improvement

Moderator : developing_success

Sand and Stone

Post by 4everlearner on Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:58 pm

Sand and Stone

This story tells of two friends walking through the desert. During some point of the journey, they had an argument, and one friend slapped the other one in the face. The one who got slapped was hurt, but without saying anything, wrote in the sand:

They kept on walking until they found an oasis, where they decided to take a bath. The one who had been slapped got stuck in the mire and started drowning, but the friend saved him. After he recovered from the near drowning, he wrote on a stone: The friend who had slapped and saved his best friend asked him, "After I hurt you, you wrote in the sand, and now, you write on a stone. Why "

The other friend replied,
"When someone hurts us, we should write it down in sand, where winds of forgiveness can erase it away. When someone does something good for us, we must engrave it in stone, where no wind can ever erase it."

Learn to write your hurts in sand, and to carve your benefits in stone
When you want something, the whole universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.

www.selfmadevip.com
Live the life of your dreams!
4everlearner

Re: Sand and Stone

Post by GetAhead on Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:16 pm

True everlearner, Even if you don't hurt others it doesn't guarantee that the reverse will not happen. There are many mean and ungrateful people who make your life miserable. Just write your feelings in the sand and get done with it. Brooding over it doesn't help and it is you who gets the ulcers and not they.

Thanks for the story.
"They can conquer who believe they can. He has not learned the first lesson is life who does not every day surmount a fear."
GetAhead
SMV Club
SMV Club

Re: Sand and Stone

Post by davegrus2000 on Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:07 pm

everlearner wrote:...When someone hurts us, we should write it down in sand, where winds of forgiveness can erase it away. When someone does something good for us, we must engrave it in stone, where no wind can ever erase it."

Learn to write your hurts in sand, and to carve your benefits in stone

Absolutely wonderful story.
I totally agree.
I acted in this way in the past and I can say that it has been the best solution: I kept one of my best friends and now our friendship is better than ever. :heart:
davegrus2000
SMV Club
SMV Club

Facebook comments

Return to Success Stories