Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

Reasons to become a vegetarian

Talking about anything that doesn't fit into other categories of this personal development forum

Moderator : developing_success

Re: Reasons to become a vegetarian

Post by viktorados on Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:40 pm

Two interesting facts:

1) 3 of the 4 longest-living and healthiest cultures in the world are vegan! (correction: very close to veg*n). The Abkhasians, the Hunzans, and the Vilcabambans (the other culture is Okinawa, which consumes fish) (correction: they all consume some milk and/or small amounts of other animal products).

Until fast food recently took over their cultures, they did not know cancer, diabetes, stroke, overweight, heart disease, osteoporosis, autoimmune disease, or macular degeneration. They regularly live into their late 90s and beyond, in near-perfect health, without doctors or medicine. For more information, read "Healthy at 100" by John Robbins.

2) The comments about protein and calcium are equally misinformed, and are the result of the meat and dairy industries' excellent marketing. Of course we need protein and calcium, but they are both found in plants. Green leafy vegetables have much more protein and calcium per calorie than any animal food.
viktorados
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by GetAhead on Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:28 pm

Wonder how many "veggie" converts we have as a result of this thread :roll:
"They can conquer who believe they can. He has not learned the first lesson is life who does not every day surmount a fear."
GetAhead
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by viktorados on Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:03 pm

I think everyone interested in becoming more aware of the reality that surrounds us should see this

Link
viktorados
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by dviraz on Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:47 pm

viktorados - thanks for your video its really an eye-openning!

its really made me think about my habits of eating meat and using leather products :blink:

although at first it will be hard ill try to stop eating meat for one week and maybe if that will went well i will continue to two weeks and etc... untill ill be vegetarian. :D

i once ate a chicken like made of soy, and it was not bad at all and i felt very good myself when i didnt ate real meat! that was very suprising for me and it made me think, that maybe my
sub-concious dont want me to eat in anymore.
dviraz

Post by Geee on Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:24 pm

I decided to change my diet about two years ago to improve my health. First I didn't eat red meat, but ate chicken, turkey.. and fish. At some point I felt that I don't want to eat chicken neither, so remained fish. At last it was very easy to give up fish, so in September 2007 I became vegetarian. Now it is part of my identity, it just feels right.

I don't recommend you to become vegetarian overnight, because you will probably give up. IMO it is more like a process.
Geee
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Facebook comments

Previous Next

Return to General