Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

Real or an Illusion?

Success forum for own stories of personal achievement. Here members can discuss how they are progressing towards achieving the Life of their Dreams and self-improvement

Moderator : developing_success

Real or an Illusion?

Post by viktorados on Tue May 27, 2008 7:41 pm

Have you ever got a dream, which was extremely real, vivid and similar to the real life
During the dream you felt yourself awake, you were busy doing something or just relaxing -
but the feelings and all around you looked 100% similar to a real life

And only when you woke up, it was only then,
that you were able to tell the difference between reality and illusion...

Such dreams are very much similar to so-called lucid dreams:
A lucid dream, also known as a conscious dream, is a dream in which the person is aware that he or she is dreaming while the dream is in progress. During lucid dreams, it is possible to exert conscious control over the dream characters and environment and have them perform feats which would be physically impossible in the waking world. Lucid dreams can be extremely real and vivid depending on a person's level of self-awareness during the lucid dream

After a couple of such dream states, you begin to wonder what is real
What if this material world is just another illusion
viktorados
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Real or an Illusion?

Post by SmileAwhile on Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:02 am

Well I think something is going on with our dreams.

If our dreams were just thoughts....why does the below happen

Haven't we all had one of those great and AMAZING dreams and then something wakes us up in the middle and all we want to do is go back to sleep to finish the dream

It's not the same to just think about how the end would be - we want to go back to sleep to EXPERIENCE the end of the dream..

Does this happen to anyone else

I would love to be able to learn the lucid dreaming technique where I could be more in control of my dreams - or my other reality....
SmileAwhile
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by viktorados on Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:58 pm

SmileAwhile wrote:I would love to be able to learn the lucid dreaming technique where I could be more in control of my dreams - or my other reality....

I have noticed that they usually happen when you wake up in the morning (after the "regular" sleep) and then go back to sleep for 1-2 hrs (usually on weekends). During these extra hours - a lucid dream occurs very often. Soon you learn to control it. You can wake up in the middle of it - remembering everything what happened there - and then go back to the same dream and continue the experience it...

The most interesting happens when you want to control it and do some unusual things, like fly/levitate :D
viktorados
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by theonlylord on Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:20 am

Yes!! And it is a fantastic and incredible experience!! :D I know that one of the benefits of the "image streaming" is to remember dreams, to dream more. I kown a girl who can control her dreams and she decides what to do...I hope I will arrive to that kind of control...
theonlylord
Curious Child
Curious Child

Post by SmileAwhile on Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:05 am

So what is the first place to start for an absolute beginner
I hardly ever remember my dreams.
For a while, I kept a notepad by the bed and wrote about my dreams as soon as I woke up.
That made a big difference in remembering.

So what do I do now
SmileAwhile
SMV Club
SMV Club

Facebook comments

Next

Return to Success Stories