Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

Reading on a computer vs. reading a book

Talking about anything that doesn't fit into other categories of this personal development forum

Moderator : developing_success

Reading on a computer vs. reading a book

Post by billionairekid18 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:03 pm

Which do you prefer? I used to prefer having the physical book in my hands but now I love to read e-books and pdf's. I think it's a lot easier and I keep focus better. It might be that I'm more comfortable and use to having a computer in front of me but I love having a book displayed on the screen better. I've read two books in the past three days on my computer where I haven't finished reading a physical book in a few months.

What are your opinions? And are there any speed readers or photo readers out there?
billionairekid18
SMV Club
SMV Club

Re: Reading on a computer vs. reading a book

Post by vinpiper on Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:14 pm

Amazon Kindle is your friend
vinpiper
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by infuse on Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:35 am

I prefer reading the traditional way.

I take a day off, Sunday usually and sit and read a book the traditional way. One book. Or I read the same book for 2-3 weeks (Sundays only) if it is large enough. And I take notes for what I read elsewhere. Its great way for relaxing, taking it slow, decompressing and making the mind, the consciousness to turn off. Related to this is John Lilly's book "The quiet center" and he's floatation (or isolation) tank research.

:-) Cheers
infuse
Curious Child
Curious Child

Post by billionairekid18 on Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:51 pm

I read to learn and although I find it relazing and very enjoyable, speed is my friend during this process. I have found that for some reason, I can read about 100 times quicker on my computer vs. reading a physical book. I'm guessing the reason is because I'm so comfortable with the computer. I work on one all day and I go home and use my laptop usually all night (whether I'm downloading, reading, or doing other types of learning).

I'm going to get better at reading with a physical book. I've got some techinques I'm going to employ. The biggest thing for me is comprehension. I want to be able to photoread but without being able to test what I've learned, I have no idea if I'm doing it right. And to some extent, I need to prove to myself that I can photoread. I'm going to look into going to a Paul Scheele event but I don't know how expensive those are and I don't have much time before I begin college. But it would be an incredible tool to have.

I used to photoread and I found out that I was missing a bunch of information in the books so I stopped.
billionairekid18
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by selma041878 on Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:42 am

COMPUTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

I love to read and usually loved the physical book in my hands, but like a lot of you have said I prefer to read on the computer. Its faster, I can take notes easier-whether on the pdf its self or in my notebook and best of all, I HAVE MY LIBRARY everywhere I go!!!

Love that!!
selma041878
Curious Child
Curious Child

Facebook comments

Next

Return to General