Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

Pain isnt Real

Talking about anything that doesn't fit into other categories of this personal development forum

Moderator : developing_success

Pain isnt Real

Post by ChidoOne on Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:15 pm

Pain isnt real, learn to enjoy the pain.

Today I ran 5k in a race . I got spot 24 of 100 racers. Did it under 21 minutes(my best time so far).
The interesting part is that i did all that with a broken finger in my right foot.

Now whats this all about. I knew it hurt like hell with every step i take. But you know what. I had a goal!, i wanted to be the absolutley best i could be. I Wouldnt let no broken finger stop me from that.

I knew my spirit couldnt be broken that easy.

When i arrived the race was about an hour and a half to start. I tried to warm up but coulnt even walk fast. I was so frustrated. I wanted to run this race so bad. I had injured the day before playing soccer(i kicked the soil instead of the ball :lol: ) so the injury was very recent.

My whole body was telling me to forfit, to give up. I was sad and angry. But a part in me was telling me to remain calm, to do what i know how to do. This part knew that pain isnt real. Pain is only a mental state, its something that holds you so you cant go and achieve whatever it is you want.

And giving in is so easy. I knew forfiting was the logical and sane thing to do. But if you really want to achieve your dreams, you gotta be a little insane. YOU GOTTA LEARN TO ENJOY PAIN.

So long story short, as soon as i heard the starting whistle my whole body transformed. Adrenaline took charge and i ran as fast as i could and i enjoyed every bit of it. Maybe is BECAUSE i was injured that i run better than usual. Because it was my opportunity to prove that my spirit cannot be injured at all.

Now i will put my feet in ice :lol: . Ill take a picture of it this afternoon for proof. Now i will rest for two weeks(focus on upper body) until the next race. Thanks for the reading and hope you enjoyed. :D
ChidoOne
Curious Child
Curious Child

Re: Pain isnt Real

Post by developing_success on Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:39 pm

A nice story about overcoming challenges. The mental pain if you do not run and achieve your dreams was bigger than the actual pain of a broken foot finger.
Emotional pain warns us that something is not "perfect" yet, real pain is to keep you away from destroying yourself, for example if you continue running with your broken finger it could get worse.
You must also remember that your health is more important than a step towards your dream, i am sure you could have joined another race and win after your finger got better :)
If you achieve your dream but destroy your health, i don't think it worth, but is up to you!

Congratulation on your success ! :D
Was my reply valuable? For even more value, visit my blog: http://universallifecoach.com/
SMV COACHING! | My favorite books
Image Image
developing_success

Post by ChidoOne on Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:06 pm

hehe i know. Im no masochist or anything :lol: . Its just that i knew it wasnt that bad. You know, the point were i knew it would not heal as fast as now its going to heal but i just couldt let that keep me down. I know my limits though.
ChidoOne
Curious Child
Curious Child

Post by maxdog on Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:37 pm

Pain isnt Real
Yeah! You give the meaning to any situation and with the meaning comes the Emotion.
ItA s really absolutely true that a lot of succesful people seem to enjoy the Pain which is the price for their success.
Have you taken the Picture
:D
maxdog
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by A-GAME on Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:28 am

Hi ChidoOne. Thanks for the great story. When i first learned Lester Levenson's ''Release Technique'' i also realized that pain is not real. A few days after learning it, i had an intense headache, i was trying to work and i was reading info on the net at the same time. I was finding it hard to concentrate and decided to put my new found technique to good use. I sat quietly and concentrated on the pain in my head, letting it come to the surface. I then released it slowly bit by bit and after about ten minutes my headache was completely gone and did not return. Indeed, pain is a figment of our imaginations and when you realize this, not only does it help you overcome situations like the one you found yourself in that day, but it also erases alot of fear about getting sick, getting hurt or feeling so called ''emotional pain''. Congratulations on your progress...
A-GAME
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Facebook comments

Return to General