Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

NLP/hypnosis/meditation for "writer's block"?

In this self improvement forum we help our members who search for mentor or go through challenges during their personal development

Moderator : developing_success

NLP/hypnosis/meditation for "writer's block"?

Post by Beagle Scout on Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:34 am

Can anyone recommend an audio program to help with beating subconscious barriers that lead to things like "writer's block"? Imho the blocks are often caused by "overthinking" i.e. the inner critic getting in the way, perfectionism preventing the artist/writer from doing much of anything due to fear of "not getting it right."

Procrastination is also a factor -- the creative work never high on the list of priorities, or simple avoidance of the "uphill battle" by doing other things, namely, surfing the internet. Is there anything I can listen to that can help me with these things -- often times I end up surfing the internet rather than "creating" BECAUSE of my fear of "not getting it right"? Something NLP/Hypnosis/guided meditation that helps me to quiet the mind and break through the mental barriers/fears/inadequacies?

TIA :)
Beagle Scout

Re: NLP/hypnosis/meditation for "writer's block"?

Post by masterneme on Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:31 pm

You could try this http://selfmadevip.com/gil-boyne-power-programming-self-hypnosis-t8224.html there is an audio for writers that could help.
masterneme
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Re: NLP/hypnosis/meditation for "writer's block"?

Post by karayan1 on Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:03 pm

For Procrastination you can listen to Stop Procrastinating by Kelly Howell.
And as far as writer's block is concerned "Improve Your Writing Ability" by Laura DeGiorgio works best. I have tried it and felt a huge improvement in my writing ability.
karayan1

Facebook comments

Return to Help Me with & Success Coaching...