Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Here is what our members say about us...
"I am glad I found this 'Right site at the Right time in the Right place'! This site is my life coach and I am proud to say my life is starting to be like I never could have imagined!!! This is my Place.... I am proud to be a SMVian."
lifeglory, 30 Dec 2008 More testimonials can be found here

New Business. No Clients. HELP!

In this self improvement forum we help our members who search for mentor or go through challenges during their personal development

Moderator : developing_success

Re: New Business. No Clients. HELP!

Post by wealthyman on Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:51 am

Howdo wrote:There's a saying in poker:- "scared money doesn't win the game". Basically if you worry to much and focus on the bad that can happen then that's what you'll manifest. Focus on and be thankfull for the positives: - your family, free time, the money that you do have etc.. Also a method of free advertising I use is sending out press releases to newspapers / magazines, it has to be an interesting story about you or the business, it may not get printed but if it does you get excellent free advertising. We got a story printed in a national newspaper because we complained about our broadband provider. The focus of the story wasn't about our business but it got our name out there to people who may not have known about us otherwise and enquiries tripled after that. Good luck.

Thanks for the info. How would I send or compile a free press release?
wealthyman

Post by wealthyman on Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:00 am

Ihavenoname wrote:Simply this:

If you are doing what everyone is doing and it isn't working for you, then realize it is the wrong thing to do. They are getting there customers other ways then traditional means of advertising.

Wishful thinking will not get you customers, learning marketing will.

Look up Chet Holmes and Jay Abraham.

Thank you for your response. I m really all about action so Ive been working on our copy and seo. Seo is whats getting one of the top competitors in our industry tons of clients. Yet, they offer an unsafe, unreliable service. Im in the process of getting our marketing message out to the right people. However, we're not in the position (not enough capitol) to rent a mailing list. So right now we have to do what we can afford.
wealthyman

Post by DanfromSeoul on Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:44 am

Wealthyman,

first off, props on working a business. I remember my first venture and boy was it scary!

I really really recommend working for your friend with the successful business that you're doing. You can even expand his business in exchange for the tools and method to succeed.

Dan
How's your relationship doing? Take the 'end relationship quiz' and find out for yourself at http://www.SelfImprovedMe.com/end-relationship-quiz.html
DanfromSeoul
Curious Child
Curious Child

Facebook comments

Previous

Return to Help Me with & Success Coaching...