Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

Need mentor!

In this self improvement forum we help our members who search for mentor or go through challenges during their personal development

Moderator : developing_success

Need mentor!

Post by Cashflowking23 on Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:54 am

Hi my name is Demetrius, and I am starting my own manga publishing company. I'm not that business experienced so I was wondering if anyone had the time. Please help me out! I have a problem with procrastination, and if I had someone to kind of just guide me that would be awesome!
Cashflowking23

Re: Need mentor!

Post by Impact222 on Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:34 am

I am having the same problems with procrastinating, add to that circadian rhythm sleep disorder, smoking, etc... An idea that crossed my mind today would be to make a commitment to a person that I respect in that if I don't do something to a certain date, I will have to give him/her €1000 or something of value to you.

At the moment I'm too much of a chicken to try it myself, but it might help! 8-)
Impact222

Post by developing_success on Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:50 pm

Taking big steps often makes people afraid and they will never try, so that is why i recommend to find a "procrastination buddy", what do i mean by that? Find somebody who is procrastinating, and wants to change like you and keep in touch with him on a chat. And make each other to take action ;) That way it's a win-win situation and you don't have the guilt to give something of value, neither publicly commit to do it (can be frightening for many)
For example i have a "gym buddy" and we make each other go :D
Was my reply valuable? For even more value, visit my blog: http://universallifecoach.com/
SMV COACHING! | My favorite books
Image Image
developing_success

Post by Goldy2 on Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:24 am

perhaps the procrastination means he shouldnt do it in the first place... I am sure he doesn't procrastinate always, for example, when there is a call of nature to go to the bathroom...

whatever... procrastination is only a tip of iceberg...and there is areason or perhaps reasons why he procrastinates...one way to go is to fight it ona superficial level ..another is to explore these reasons and resolve it on a deeper level...

another interseting thing that could help is to try to procrastinate with procrastinating :lol: :lol: :lol:
the fact that he is good at procrastinating should be taken as a skill rather then a vice....he is good at something and the fact that he was able to learn it so well now means he could learn another skill -doing things immediately adn quickly- or perhaps he doesn't need to learn anything new but simply to use this skill in a more appropriate way turning it against itself...cause every generalization ruins itself...and now he should simply delay his procrastination for a while, postpone it for some other time, when he will have more time and a better opportunity, more knowledge, resources and energy to procrastinate in a most effective, what the heck! in a perfect way :heart: :heart: :heart:
When you're ready to quit, you're closer than you think. Do the thing you fear most and the death of fear is certain. Only those who are asleep make no mistakes, losing is simply learning how to win, there is no failure, only feedback!
Goldy2

Facebook comments

Return to Help Me with & Success Coaching...