Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

Need advice

In this self improvement forum we help our members who search for mentor or go through challenges during their personal development

Moderator : developing_success

Need advice

Post by m920621m on Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:25 pm

So recently I watched a video by Brian Tracy where he stated that in order to achieve success in your life, you have to surround yourself with successful people. So I decided to apply this tip in my life and I compiled a list of people who I spend most of my time with. Then at the side of each person's name I added + if the person does help me to move closer towards my goals and - if he/she drags me down. And here's the paradox: what to do if both of my parents have - writen next to their names? I mean, I know I have avoid people who have negative impact on me but I cannot just stop seeing my parents, right?

Any advice?
m920621m

Re: Need advice

Post by shadowstrike on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:34 pm

Hi m920621m,

with respect to Brian tracy quote "you cant fly with the eagles and scratch with the turkeys", relates to the friends/associates you hang out.
I think you're going to be ok.

I think it would be overkill just to ignore everybody negative, as everyone will be negative at some point of their lives too.

regards

Andrew
Shoot for the moon... For, even if you miss you'll land among the stars!
shadowstrike
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by bennyhinn123 on Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:26 am

Hi,
There will always be good and bad in everyone.grey rather than black and white is the norm. What Tracy says is simple.If you wish to be successful in your life look for 5 people who might motivate you when you are with them and try to associate urself more with them. i.e discuss ur ideas, share what uve learnt etc.Try to find ppl who demotivate you all them time and spend less time with them.....that is all....Your parents and relatives may demotivate you now and then, but say openly to them that you have goals to achieve and you are counting on them to help you become a better individual.They will definitely help you....Also dont ever label ppl as bad/good and stop/start talking suddenly with them...It makes you look desperate for reasons other than urself to succeed....all the best
bennyhinn123

Post by shinyjourney on Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:06 pm

Hi,

Other people are really important in goal achieving. Your success will for sure depend on it in a certain way. But i don't think you have to avoid ALL negatives people. You have to be honest with you and be honnest with the people around you. Negatives people are really hard to live with because when you are in the journey you are going on now, it's really difficult to be stopped by them.
Your parents here have a -
Ok, but i think this could be a thing that can slow you or even stop you in your journey if you don't understand really what happens.
Are they negative with your goals specifically or with life in general.
If it is in life in general, it's okay, you just have to stay calm and accept their personnality or help them. But not struggle with them!

Now, if it is about your goals, you have to talk with them! Communication is essential and in your unconscious it can really be a problem. I wrote an article about this subject here: http://www.shinyjourney.com/214/social-pressure-how-it-affects-our-journey-to-success-part-1/
Maybe it can help you,

Virginie
" My Journey To Success! "
www.shinyjourney.com
shinyjourney
Curious Child
Curious Child

Facebook comments

Return to Help Me with & Success Coaching...