Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Here is what our members say about us...
"Success it's not the position you stand but the direction in which you look. That's the quote on the poster hanging on my wall here, and I think it fits perfectly with this site, I've already found some very interesting stuff here and I'm gratefull for that!"
searcher1654, 15 Aug 2007 More testimonials can be found here

Need advice on following through on daily commitments...

Introduce yourself to the other members of our self help forum

Need advice on following through on daily commitments...

Post by ucsdmike78 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:20 pm

Hi everyone. First post. I think you guys are doing amazing things here.

A little background of myself. Self-Improvement has been a hobby of mine for exactly a decade now. I feel like I have all the knowledge and have been able to motivate myself and stay incredibly motivated and committed for years. But my life for the last year has been very stagnant. Although the last company didn't work out, I know I have a new billion dollar idea. I have envisioned it clearly and as bright as possible. I have planned it. I know the outcome. I know why I want to do it and the actions I need to take. It gets me incredibly excited thinking about it. I am committed. I understand the pain and pleasure principal. I don't self-sabotage. I have used NLP/NAC to get rid of any debilitating neuro-associations. I know the power of asking myself the right questions. I have a master's understanding of my own values and needs. I have short term, long term goals, and I review them regularly. I am becoming really good at breaking people's pattern, including my own, and conditioning a new pattern. I have included a RPM/OPA planner into my schedule. I have a solid understanding of the success cycle. I know although I'm not at a downward cycle, I am not at a upward cycle. I am doing little things daily to get the gears moving. I have 3 powerful anchors that I can use anytime to put me at a peak state. And I have the time and opportunity to do this.

But...I am finding myself where I let 3 months go by, sitting in front of my computer where I do everything but the things that will get me to my ultimate vision.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? I'm really trying to understand what is stopping me. I know I am missing a sense of urgency. I know when I commit myself to someone else that I'll do something, I am good on following through. I am committed to doing this, but I am missing the commitment to follow through on actions that I've scheduled myself daily. There is someone relying on me on a long term basis, but on a day-to-day basis, there is no one that checks up on me when I don't do what I said I was going to. And if I am the only person checking on myself, I don't associate enough pain to not following through. Maybe I need to take baby steps. Follow through on small commitments, and get the momentum going by rewarding myself in the process. What I really want is to find that inner drive to jump out of bed at 6 in the morning and hit the ground running and not stop until midnight 7 days a week.

Things I can improve on:
-I know I am overwhelming myself by looking at the daily action, then thinking of all the things that have to be done after that. I will recondition that behavior the next 3 days.
-I know I am avoiding the pain of disappointment of investing my soul into something so deeply, and having it not materialize. (Fear of failure). Dance with fear because fear will eventually wear out.
-Use anchors on a daily basis. Why not?
-Hold myself better accountable for commitments I make for myself. Be my own life coach on and check up on myself on a daily basis.
-Add to my success cycle. Make sure I make positive additions on a daily basis. Experience results before they happen because the mind and body can't tell the difference. Take small steps to build momentum.
ucsdmike78

Facebook comments

Return to Introductions