Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

Movies that make you cry

Talking about anything that doesn't fit into other categories of this personal development forum

Moderator : developing_success

Movies that make you cry

Post by Goblin84 on Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:12 pm

The question at hand is rather simple. What movies and/or series have you watched that have managed to make you cry

I don't know if this is something many people care to experience, but I personally enjoy crying as a result of an engaging storyline.

I have only two entries that I care to add:

1. Naruto
2. The Last Samurai

Naruto, the entry that prompted this post, is an anime (Japanese animation) series that I've been watching over the past week. My expectations for it were rather low, but the emotional attachment it's generated is nothing short of amazing. I've found myself crying almost non-stop throughout episodes 16-18. Of course, you'd need to watch all the episodes until that point to get the proper character development. What I particularly like is that I can rewatch those episodes, and they will without fail generate those same emotions all over again. I have a number of other movies in mind that have managed to make me cry through the element of surprise, and had no effect on subsequent viewings.

The Last Samurai, well, I usually cry all throughout the ending.
Goblin84
Curious Child
Curious Child

Re: Movies that make you cry

Post by maxdog on Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:10 pm

LOL!
I can not cry when I see Movies, they are to artifical.
But I can cry when I see this Anthony Robbins videos, where there are real people and you can see them Transform,
maxdog
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by vibra on Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:42 pm

I know it sounds weird but Movies and Music that makes you cry is NOT GOOD for you (99% of the time). If you are crying then you are out of alignment with the universe. and you are manifesting negatively.
I have had to struggle very hard with giving up songs that make me feel miserable in an addictive way. and movies too. You can observe this phenomenon with anybody who is depressed. They play the same depressing song over and over again and burn it into their mental harddrive.
for eg. I was obsessive about Enigma's Gravity of Love but ever since I stopped listening to it I have seen a perceptible shift in my overall mood/demeanour. Similarly for Daisy ( a korean movie) Both are excellent in their own rights but are very destructive as regards being successful is concerned.
Instead listen to songs for children or movies like Lion King and you feel uplifted instantly.
Monitoring your state is so very important that it cant be over-emphasised.
The point is this - Run ! Run away from anything that makes you sad and miserable ( even if you have started enjoying the misery itself - yes thats possible!!)
vibra
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by GetAhead on Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:06 am

I agree with vibra. To make it short, there is enough sadness in real life without our having to watch it in reel life. Movies and songs should serve to uplift our mood, not depress it. After all, we watch and listen to them only to escape the reality, don't we ?
"They can conquer who believe they can. He has not learned the first lesson is life who does not every day surmount a fear."
GetAhead
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by hubertt on Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:44 am

I cry if I pay to see a movie and it's a bad one :unsure:
hubertt

Facebook comments

Next

Return to General