Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

meaning of "emotionally involved"

In this self improvement forum we help our members who search for mentor or go through challenges during their personal development

Moderator : developing_success

meaning of "emotionally involved"

Post by xeon on Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:27 pm

hello all,
I became big fan of Bob Proctor after reading Born Rich and watching secret.I have a doubt though ,he suggested we should set a Goal and get "EMOTIONALLY INVOLVED" with that goal.plz explain what does this means to get emotionally invoved with your goal?

Thanks & regards
xeon

Re: meaning of "emotionally involved"

Post by Balance on Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:18 pm

The reason you set a goal in the first place is because your goal is supposed to fulfill some need or desire that you have.
For satisfying that need -whatever it might be- you will be rewarded by your brain emotionally (which means you'll react with some form of happiness towards your achievement, that is if your goal was smartly picked in the first place).

I didn't read "Born Rich" but from my experience I'd guess it means pick a goal that you feel emotionally drawn to in the first place and "get emotionally involved" by imagining how exactly it will feel once you have achieved your goal.
That means if you wish for a lot of money, imagine what you will do with it in detail and get "emotionally involved". If you wish for a nice lady by your side, imagine what you would do to & with her... :happy:

Recently I wrote another -way longer- post about emotions & happiness, you can check it out here:
http://selfmadevip.com/forum/can-t-feel-my-emotions-please-help-t7107-10.html#p26838
Balance
SMV Club
SMV Club

Re: meaning of "emotionally involved"

Post by billionairekid18 on Fri May 08, 2009 7:04 pm

Yeah, check out Balance's post in my thread about not feeling emotion. It's a good one. And I would add that emotional involvement with goals attracts you towards acheiving them. You feel like you must achieve your goal when emotions are involved because it adds strength to your vision.

Have you ever been in a serious relationship where you absolutely loved your partner? Now have they ever treated you poorly but you stayed with them? Do you want to know why? Emotional involvement. You were so involved emotionally that logic could not and would not prevail in that situation. Use that with goals you really want to achieve and nothing can hold you back.
billionairekid18
SMV Club
SMV Club

Facebook comments

Return to Help Me with & Success Coaching...