Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

Mary Kay (Millionaire, Cosmetics)

Walk through the life of a self made VIP: side by side, from the beginning to the last days. Post in this personal development forum biographies of your favorite VIPs.

Moderator : viktorados

Mary Kay (Millionaire, Cosmetics)

Post by viktorados on Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:15 am

marykay_10.jpg
marykay_10.jpg (22.29 KiB) Viewed 916 times

Founder of Mary Kay Cosmetics, one of the largest beauty products firms in the United States, Mary started with selling a child psychology book door to door in the late 1930s and then was a sales representative and manager at the Stanley Home Products Co. from 1939 to 1952. Later, she was national training director at the World Gift Co. In 1963, with $5,000, she founded Mary Kay Cosmetics in a Dallas storefront.

The firm sold products door to door using nine saleswomen, called "beauty consultants." The business grew steadily, helped by Ash's positive philosophy and her generous use of incentives, such as free pink Cadillacs and diamond jewelry, for successful sales people. With over 1.5 million salespeople in 32 countries, the firm remains a major presence in the competitive beauty market. She was married three times and had a daughter and two sons.

More information about her life story you may find here.
viktorados
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by viktorados on Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:17 am

Quotes by Mary Kay Ash (1918-2001)

Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know it so it goes on flying anyway.

If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're right.

You can do anything in this world that you want to do, if you want to do it badly enough and you are willing to pay the price. Often during my childhood, I heard those words from my mother, always urging me on to greater heights! They became so firmly implanted in my mind that they became the theme of my childhood and of my life.

The most valuable gift that you can give your children is not money; it is the ability to think positively. The money will soon be gone, but the ability to think positively will go on to help your children be a success throughout their lives.

Hope is wishing for something to come true. Faith is belief that it will come true. Believe that for every problem God gives you, He will also provide you with a solution.

More quotes you may find here here.
viktorados
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Facebook comments

Return to Our MENTORS