Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Here is what our members say about us...
"I am 43 years old and I am just beginning to figure it out. As they say, better late than never or not at all! I have been looking for 3 years for a forum to talk to like minded people about what it takes to be successful as well as share information and trade ideas. A place where we can all grow and share in our success once we get to the top! I am glad I found this forum and I look forward to providing my own input here in the future. Thank you for the invitation!"
bysbox1, 19 Oct 2007 More testimonials can be found here

Looking for a mentor

In this self improvement forum we help our members who search for mentor or go through challenges during their personal development

Moderator : developing_success

Re: Looking for a mentor

Post by hpnfreak on Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:55 pm

Last edited by hpnfreak on Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hpnfreak

Post by Goldy2 on Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:14 pm

perhaps i wasnt making myself clear enough....on occassion like these, words of depeche mode song 'words are very unnecessary they only can do harm' ring so true to me....this black-white aristotelian division and yes/no logic is making explaining things pretty hard sometimes...if you live in a world/reality where you have only two choices possible action and non-action then you are pretty poor on options...

while reading this thread an interesting idea come to my mind...here's a thing...just like it's impossible not to communicate i.e. lack of communication or response in dialogue of 2 persons is still a communication...it's also impossible not to take action..whatever you are doing or not doing- just sitting on your ass it's, in fact, taking an action...

whatever
here are few bits and pieces from my real life experience...of course these should not be taken as verbatim but rather as metaphors...they may not be relevent to you but here they are anyway....

I few years ago when I was the owner and manager of internet caffe I was obsessed with action and idea of improving things... so I was constantly coming with ideas and actions to improve things in my caffe...funnily enough and quite unexpected..the less I was involoved the greater were the earnings of my caffe...

this was also proven true in yet another of my ventures...translation agency...the more i was trying to control and manage my employees the worse they performed overall...and vice versa the more i trusted and gave them free hands to them the better they performed...so i got a plenty of passive income doing less then an hour a week...
another thing that was bothering me was making sure the customers made their payments..the more i tried to secure the payment process the more problems i got... and paradoxically , the more i trusted my customers and done nothing to make them pay the more they paid me ...

as Steve said in the film Tao of Steve...the doing is overrated....Hitler surely has done a lot of things but wouldnt you agree that we( and He also) would be much better off were he to sit on his ass in his room till the end of his fucking life...doing absolutely nothing... :D :D :D
When you're ready to quit, you're closer than you think. Do the thing you fear most and the death of fear is certain. Only those who are asleep make no mistakes, losing is simply learning how to win, there is no failure, only feedback!
Goldy2

Post by hpnfreak on Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:37 am

Last edited by hpnfreak on Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hpnfreak

Post by Goldy2 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:31 am

thnx pal! nice material at a cursory look...nice and clear writing....however a sentence sucked my attention
I tried the secret and nothing happened. I worked toward my goals, and I achieved success

I see something there that it seems the author doesn't? Can you notice it dear reader? Perhaps he was ready and inspired to take action only after and stimulated by his visualisations and relaxations..perhaps it take some time for visualisations to work? if I am not mistaken secreters are not all against action but for inspired action

btw nice elaboration on micromanaging....but remember i emphasized that these were only metaphors...whatever that is exactly my point... if we insist on 'action'( again bear in mind that you can not not act..act or not your taking action...) this is like imbecil trying to manage einstein giving him physical and mundane tasks and goals-actions...while einstein is at his best when his creative intelect and imagination runs away with him...again sitting on your ass doing nothing relaxing being calm and confident is many times the best action you can take...this is exactly what our (subsconcious) mind needs in order to do its/his magical stuff :wub:
When you're ready to quit, you're closer than you think. Do the thing you fear most and the death of fear is certain. Only those who are asleep make no mistakes, losing is simply learning how to win, there is no failure, only feedback!
Goldy2

Post by hpnfreak on Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:19 pm

Last edited by hpnfreak on Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hpnfreak

Facebook comments

Previous Next

Return to Help Me with & Success Coaching...