Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

Law of Attraction (The Law Of Secret)

In this motivation forum you can get inspired and motivated to lift up your mood and place a smile on your face;) Self improvement and motivation

Moderator : viktorados

Re: Law of Attraction

Post by justsharing on Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:11 am

I have already posted my warnings about the "Law of Attraction" in this forum and want to do it once again here, since there are so many people falling for this dangerous teaching.

The law of attraction is about positive thinking and getting attention off from negative thoughts. This is a great strategy. Being thankful for what you have is also a great way to meditate yourself into a positive and creative mood. But as a poisoned soup tastes well it still contains a death bringing poison.

The law of attraction and connected teachings teach you about the infinite power of your subconscious mind. They also teach that you are the only one who creates your life experience. And then there are teachings with the message that "you are God" in a quite literal sense. My advice: be rational and check every advice and teaching before accepting and applying it. Do not blindly accept everything, because other parts of the teaching sound reasonably great.

Do a research on reports from mental hospitals about what patients having delusions and/or hallucinations experience. Some of them believe they are God and directly influencing events in the world they observe on the television. Others think they are God and completely alone, because of that (every other person including the doctor is just their imagination or creation). I have read only a few reports on this topic in detail but I would not wonder to find out that many patients were involved in occult belief systems prior to getting into their state. Law of attraction and related beliefs seem at some level to invite people into this state of existence.

There is an occult invasion going on in the world today. People are hungry for occult teachings that will bring them everything they want. And for those who do not like theory there are still books and films about vampires blatantly promoting these creatures with their powers and immortality. Every book should end up with the question: "want to be a vampire? Sign this...".

I hope that we are not heading towards the biblical end of the world, and this whole movement is just a misunderstanding and not Satan hacking our brains and preparing us for his return.
justsharing
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by justsharing on Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:27 am

Is ‘The Secret’ Satanic?

SOQUEL, Calif. (Wireless Flash - FlashNews) – Paris Hilton doesn’t hide the fact that she’s been reading The Secret in the slammer, but one man claims the book is Satan’s best kept secret.
Dr. Stanley Monteith, author of Brotherhood of Darkness (Hearthstone Publishing), says Rhonda Byrne’s The Secret is actually just witchcraft to get the things you want in life.

Says Monteith: “Her technique is to sit there and focus your mind on what you want, which puts you into a hypnotic state where you can be possessed by demons.”

Although the secret is out, it may make you think twice about what you wish for.

He says, “You may get that house, the girl, and the money, but you’re opening yourself up to supernatural powers from the other side of a demonic dimension.”
justsharing
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by LOA_delusion on Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:08 pm

"related topics" function is funny...

You should really open your eyes. If you have fun consuming self-help stuff you are free to do it. But you really have to admit that if this so called "secret" and the "law of attraction" were real and working, you would barely need additional books like "the missing secret" by Joe Vitale or "the 11 forgotten laws" from Bob Proctor who actually were speakers in the movie "the secret".

You must agree that there is something wrong with "the secret" if there is a market for additional products with titles that essentially promise to tell you "how to make the secret work, because it often does not".

People should really learn to accept the gift of life and enjoy it, because life is a great gift.
LOA_delusion

Hits and misses...

Post by LOA_delusion on Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:18 pm

Allow me one more thought...

In statistics there are hits and misses: If you throw a dice, you will get the two with the probability 1/6. Does it mean that you can predict the future? Thank God, no! You cannot tell which number you will get. But the more often you throw the dice the higher the chance to get the two which is the hit.

In life there are also hits and misses: a hit is when an experience matches your desire or expectation, a miss is when it does not.

Many people are getting too emotional on misses while missing the hits :-)

If you get it right, you will see hits and misses in your experience and be joyful about both; about hits because they are hits and about misses because they make hits more interesting and valuable.

But if you get it wrong, you will see only hits and forget the time has passed from one hit to another and the many misses inbetween. This way you might get unhappy or even crazy, because life consisting of hits only is not very interesting I suppose :-)

I do not know if the secret is from Satan, but the latter case might occure if you invite to much of the law of attraction in your life. And than you will get the opposite to what you strived for while learning "attracting" things.
LOA_delusion

Post by Willkommen on Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:03 pm

Hi, wow I'm feeling good that other people here also have doubts about the LOA. Justsharing pointed out a major problem of me, I also think that there is a mixture of occult and self development practices. But where is the border, what can I sincerely do and what is satanic action, which I don't like? To be succesfull also means to give the lord high five when you finished your life here because you resist Satan. BUT it's also possible that you really creating your life what means I create the Satan, but for sure I didn't create my parents my parents create me ;) So there must be objectivity. How I interpret objectivity is another question.

For sure is: If you really think the LOA seriously through to the end there are some logical consequences which disagree with nature or the reality we observe.

The LOA teaching says that everything is one and made out of the same stuff. It says that same attracts same.
Conclusion: Everything would be a clump.

In nature polar opposites attract each other .. it's a cutting irony that many LOA products have a magnet on it, it has become like a symbol for the LOA. Think about how a magnet is working; a magnet attracts only the polar opposite of its polarity. It attracts exactly the opposite.

Why we are not a clump?
OK everything with life in it is maybe different than just the dead matter but why then should come a dead matter car in my life while a mind is thinking to own that car.. ? You think maybe because of the rule mind over matter ? Maybe .. but with that in mind you agree that not everything in the universe is made out of the same.

(...) the truth shall make you free. (Jn 8:32)
To be free is success.

peace
Willkommen

Facebook comments

Previous Next

Return to Motivation and INSPIRATION