Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

Lance Armstrong

Success forum for own stories of personal achievement. Here members can discuss how they are progressing towards achieving the Life of their Dreams and self-improvement

Moderator : developing_success

Lance Armstrong

Post by anbu23 on Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:20 pm

When celebrated American cyclist ,Lance Armstrong was diagnosed with testicular cancer with a 40 percent survival chance and told he'd never be able to cycle again ,his first thought was ,I'm going to die. On second thoughts ,he decided to fight back and declared himself a cancer survivor ,instead of a cancer victim.

Later ,when he coughed up blood ,he told himself there was nothing to worry as he'd coughed up only a little blood .A few years later not only was Lance declared cancer free ,he even won the Tour de France cycling championship again.

While the doctors found his recovery unbelievable .Lance firmly believed that a mind that thinks positive can conquer the body.

This story reveals that anything is possible. YOU can do anything. YOU have all the power inside you to do anything.

Never think there is anything impossible for the soul. It is the greatest heresy to think so. If there is sin, this is the only sin--to say that you are weak - Swami Vivekananda

You are lions, you are souls, pure, infinite, and perfect. The might of the universe is within you. Why weepest thou my friend? - Swami Vivekananda
anbu23

Re: Lance Armstrong

Post by anbu23 on Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:59 pm

There's a similarly gritty example of positive thinking back home ,Himadri Paul, a student of IIT ,Mumbai, was sitting on a second floor balcony railing one day ,when he lost his balance and went hurtling down to hit the concrete below .He suffered multiple fractures in his spinal coed ,broke both legs and one hand .Doctors provided no guarantee that he'd ever walk again .Devastated ,Himadri began looking for hope in the Bhagwad Gita. The Gita says you must overcome your weakness to make progress. I realized that thinking I couldn't ever walk again was my weakness .So I decided to believe in my recovery ,he accounts. He took his first step after one-and-a- half years. Today ,he's back at IIT. Thanks to positive thinking ,once again
anbu23

Re: Lance Armstrong

Post by billionairekid18 on Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:42 pm

There's more to it than just positive thinking. You really have to believe that you can do whatever it is you are doing. Belief gives those thoughts power and action allows them to become reality.
billionairekid18
SMV Club
SMV Club

Facebook comments

Return to Success Stories