Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

Jehovah's Witnesses: True Path to God or Yet Another Fraud?

Success forum for own stories of personal achievement. Here members can discuss how they are progressing towards achieving the Life of their Dreams and self-improvement

Moderator : developing_success

Jehovah's Witnesses: True Path to God or Yet Another Fraud?

Post by real on Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:35 pm

In recent weeks I have spent some time with Jehovah's Witnesses, visiting their weekly meetings, talking about the supposedly true story The Bible tells and discussing their belief system. It all started with a regular house visitation which raised my curiosity. Years ago I would send them away, but now I felt having barely prejudice but enough knowledge and awareness to let them in and have a little chat. In this whole story I do not see myself a journalist, but simply a curious child who wanted to see what else is there in this world. Now I want to share my experience with the world.

Jehovah's Witnesses see themselves as the Bible Students, who study the Bible in such a profound way as no one else does. They claim that other religions like Christianity supposedly based on the same Bible are fraudulent. The assumption of those religions is that people actually will not read the Bible, thus will not recognize the false story as such.

The Teachings

They have their own version of the Bible, which is essentially the same Bible but written in a more modern language. Furthermore, in their Bible Lord and God are often replaced by Jehovah, the real name of the God. The cross is replaced by the rod. They claim that the ancient Hebrew word for the thing Jesus was crucified on is ambiguous and there is no reason to translate it the popular way but to empower the Christian symbolism. There are more replacements of that sort. However, the content coordinates are consistent throughout all Bible versions and they encourage comparing with other Bibles.

Beside their own Bible, the teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses consist of many small books, audio and video recordings, and magazines like The Watch Tower. The huge amount of these teachings has amazed me! The books are written as a manual for the Bible: they take a specific passage from the Bible and present an unambiguous interpretation of it. The magazines are written in the same style as the books, but in addition to that offer thoughts on current topics like public media, science, teenage pregnancy, problems at school etc.

They also have books on soft skills, very similar to those salesmen have but dealing with speaking about the religion and essentially selling their religion at the door and in other situations. They did not like the comparison with salesman profession at all by the way.

The People

Although I have shown much criticism to their belief system and asked many questions, I was always treated with respect, friendliness, and patience. I think that this behavior towards me is genuine, since I am definitely not a particularly important person for them. I also could not discover any biases among people in this community; I have met there people with various educational backgrounds from simple building worker to an engineer, different age groups from children to seniors, and various races and nations. Many people told me that they were unsatisfied by the corrupt system we live in, or have not find answers to their questions otherwise. I ask myself what choice the children among them have, remembering that Michael Jackson was raised a Jehovah's Witness!

Experienced members impressed me by answering any of my questions by opening a passage in the Bible within few seconds! Certainly, often I was not satisfied by the interpretation meant to answer my question, but the passages they opened were indeed relevant to the topic of my question. However, Jehovah's Witnesses are not open-minded towards alternative belief systems and in all cases are barely able to question their own belief system! The next section will clarify the reason for that.
real
SMV Club
SMV Club

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: True Path to God or Yet Another Fraud?

Post by real on Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:36 pm

Jehovah's Witnesses: The True Path to God or Yet Another Fraud (continued)

The Belief System

In this section I will cover the main aspects of their belief system and describe conflicts to the spiritual teachings of the New Age movement (e. g. Law of Attraction and Teachings of Abraham, Conversations With God, Reality Transurfing) and show their relatedness to conspiracy theories.

The Bible is God s word and is not to doubt.

Although the Bible is written by people, it is inspired by God and thus the word of God. To proof this they present predictions made by prophets which has later become historical facts, witnessed by many historians. As proof they also mention the allegedly profound consistency of the Bible, despite the fact that it has been written by different people in different times without knowing each other, thus actually written by the same force, which is God. The Bible is the only valid source of absolute truth and the only book to be studied. The more you study the Bible the closer you will get to the absolute truth, which is God.

In the very foundation of the belief system you are not allowed to question the Bible or even look for answers somewhere else. Radically, any teaching that is not the Bible or their own is potentially a false teaching induced by Satan (who is the current ruler of the world by the way, more on this later). It is not an official rule but an attitude subtly imposed on the members. This issue becomes more crucial when realizing that they actually do not study the Bible itself but the interpretation of it delivered by the experienced members somewhere at the top of the invisible structure. As we know, the Bible is written in an ambiguous style, leaving much space for interpretation. To me, it appeared that very often they interpret very ambiguous passages in favor of their belief system, taking even odds and ends into account, while fully ignoring unsupportive passages. (To prevent a debate I decided to not include any concrete examples in my article.)

We are born in sin.

The first humans, Adam and Eva disobeyed Jehova and ate from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. Adam and Eva were perfect humans with unlimited lifetime. We are now mortal and far from perfect. The explanation, why this makes sense appeared blurry to me. God, who lives in a different dimension beyond space and time, has created many entities in this dimension to serve him, called angels. The angels have free will and one angel decided to proof God, that he can make humans to serve him. This angel became the Satan and angels who decided to serve him became demons. In the shape of a serpent Satan seduced Adam and Eva, and we, their children live in sin since then. The merciful God father Jehovah decided to sacrifice his son for our sins. Because of this, we have now a hope for a salvation.

All people are sinners, thus inherently bad. On the one hand it is about feeling guilty for things we do and on the other hand it is about irresponsibility, since we are sinners from the beginning of our lives.

Denial of the spirit.

Jehovah's Witnesses often present the fraud of Christianity being the fact that there is no Paradise and no Hell. The paradise used to be on Earth, now it is gone. They strictly deny the spirit as a part of a human which survives after his death and exists previous to his life on Earth, leaving certainly no space for reincarnation. Every Human has one life essentially to demonstrate his loyalty to God. After he has lived, he disappears but his life on Earth remains in the memory of God. Anyway, there is no Hell as a place where sinners come to suffer eternally for their sins in a finite life period. They compare spirit to electric current; it is just mysterious life energy from God that returns to God after a human dies.

The truth we have forgotten is that we are much more than our brain and body, that we are very powerful beings who are capable to deliberately control their own lives. We have infinite spirits and possess a finite body to experience the time space reality for the pleasure of the experience itself. Getting familiar with this theory is easy by reading spiritual literature, but realizing it as truth, becoming aware of self and live a life of your dreams is a much greater challenge. This is because our society conditions us to be rational, and to ignore the messages of the soul. Sayings like "listen to your heart" are popular in our culture but most people barely realize the whole dept of it. This makes people exploitable by the system. The denial of the spirit by Jehovah's Witnesses looks to me like yet another attempt in that direction. Their position here is very clear to me: they believe that we are sinners and inherently do not know what good for us is. But they do, since they know what Jehovah wants from humans by studying and interpreting the Bible in the right way.

Satan rules the world; the end of the word is close!

Jehovah's Witnesses are convinced that nor God father, nor Jesus son, but Satan is the current ruler of the world since Adam and Eva were banned from the paradise. Today, he owns the money structure, the media and everything.

He could not prove that he can manipulate all humanity to serve him being in the heaven (the dimension where God and angels exist), now he is banned from the heaven and resides on Earth. Supposedly, Satan has arrived on Earth in the beginning of the past century. However, it is unclear if he has any human shape or is an entity of different sort. Satan does not have much time, soon he will be banned to the quarantine dimension (as you may have noticed, I do not use the original terminology throughout the article but my own, sorry for this distortion). After the Armageddon, the final battle between good and evil, the current world, meaning the structure we live in (the society, the monetary system), will be destroyed and all people who do not live according to the teachings of the Bible (more precisely, the teachings of Jehovah s Witnesses) will disappear forever. After that, Jesus will rule the world for one thousand years. During this period all people who died previous to Armageddon, will be resurrected (remember, their lives are still in the memory of God, thus there will be no problem to restore their bodies and brains along with the personal memories). During the reign of Jesus there will be no evil in the world coming from Satan. The resurrected humans will get the final chance to prove their loyalty to God. After one thousand years have passed there will be the final test; the Satan will come back for the last time.

This is a very adventuresome story, and there are indeed a lot of supportive passages in the Bible, in the Book of Revelation in particular. Even more remarkable is that the essence of this story is consistent with conspiracy theories and current revelations about the ruling elite. We know about the Bohemian Grove (Alex Jones have done a lot of research on this), the Skull and Bones (G. W. Bush and John Kerry indirectly admitted to be members of skull and bones in a public interview; search on Youtube) and other secret organizations. Satanic rituals and other occult practice are typical for these organizations. Satanic child abuse where top members of the CIA and the government were involved in and much more of this sort has been exposed in the latter years... Now this is not just a conspiracy theory but facts you can research on the Web yourself. But it goes further. We have the conspiracy theorist David Icke telling us that the true rulers of the word are even not humans but reptilian humanoids - evil extraterrestrials capable of shape shifting like Mystique from X-Men.

And there is even more. After several false predictions of Armageddon (the one for the year 1975 is a very popular one) Jehovah's Witnesses do not dare to tell concrete dates anymore. But others do! The Web is full of stories dealing with the Mayan calendar supposedly ending on a mysterious date of 21. December 2012 (Amazon.com is full of books on this topic). And we have scientists, telling us about a unique stellar event in our galaxy on this date. I am astonished how this all coincides with the story that Jehovah's Witnesses have told me!

Jehovah s Witnesses are all waiting joyfully for the time Jesus will rule the world. The problem to mention here is that they tend to deny the present moment, the power of now. In the present moment we have the most power to create, not in some future or past. As the saying goes "the past is history, the future a mystery, the present a gift" (read more on this ideology in "The Power Of Now" by Eckhart Tolle).

Interestingly enough, Charles Taze Russell, the founder of Jehovah's Witnesses was accused of having close ties with Freemasonry, although Freemasons certainly denied their relationship to him. For centuries or even thousands of years the ruling elite makes all efforts to enslave the world. At least, this is the story, conspiracy theorists tell us. The main aspect of these efforts is to manipulate us in denying our true nature, forgetting who we truly are. As soon as the relation with the spirit is weakened, people forget their inner power and search for power outside in concepts like God, publicly recognized achievements and other things. The most members of our society pursue illusions all their lives never finding true fulfillment and finally accepting their desperate situation. The approach of Jehovah's Witnesses looks just like another attempt to enslave humanity.
real
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by real on Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:36 pm

Jehovah's Witnesses: The True Path to God or Yet Another Fraud (continued)

Marriage and s**

Sexual intercourse without marriage is sin. This topic is often addressed in their magazines, conditioning youngsters and giving advises on how to deal with this issue at school and how to explain their attitude towards s** to their friends. Jehovah s Witnesses are making great "proud to be virgin" propaganda!

This is just another facet of the denial of the true human nature. s** is natural and as long as both sides enjoy s** it is good, no matter how unconventional or pervert it may look for others, or how often one switches his sexual partner or in what the official relation of the partners. Sexual realization is also very important for personal growth.

Financing

They have enough money to finance all their media, which is very extensive, all their real estate and even to rent a huge stadium (and even fill it) for a regular congress. They do not ask members for money, but many members donate it voluntarily especially after decades of membership. If you fully immerse into this belief system, all your friends will automatically become Jehovah's Witnesses and you will certainly be ready to donate. They avoid talking about this topic, but according to my own research many senior members donate up to twenty percent of their loan to the community on a regular basis. Some even decide to bequeath all their money to the community!

Conclusions

My conclusion is that Jehovah s Witnesses is not the only true religion as they would tell you, and they are definitely not offering the ultimate truth or anything like that. Their goal is not to guide an individual to the life of his dreams but to make one obedient to the teachings of the Bible demonstrating loyalty to Jehovah this way, to live an eternal life as a perfect human in the post apocalyptic world.

Jehovah's Witnesses implement several strategies to keep a member occupied with studying the Bible the way the community wants him to, leaving no space and time for critical thinking. Furthermore, they even have managed to create quite a profound illusion of critical thinking for their members: finally, they are studying the Bible, they are on the quest towards ultimate truth; they deny politics, other religions and are very critical with our society. However, to my experience the modern Jehovah's Witnesses consist of friendly people and it is easy to get into the community.

This article is written exclusively for www.selfmadevip.com. Feel free to download, reproduce, and distribute this article without permission as long as each copy includes this notice.
real
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by real on Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:08 pm

A compilation of relevant Wikipedia links

Code: Select all
To see the coded text you need to launch the countdown. Waiting time for guests: 5mins, registered users have NO WAITING TIME. More information is in our SMV FAQ.
Click here to launch the countdown and view the coded text...

Please log in to see coded text...
http://rapidshare.com/files/813188289/ Jehovah's Witnesses: True Path to God or Yet Another Fraud? .zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/674585556/ Jehovah's Witnesses: True Path to God or Yet Another Fraud? .zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/128750194/ Jehovah's Witnesses: True Path to God or Yet Another Fraud? .zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/525766245/ Jehovah's Witnesses: True Path to God or Yet Another Fraud? .zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/273421494/ Jehovah's Witnesses: True Path to God or Yet Another Fraud? .zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/795879123/ Jehovah's Witnesses: True Path to God or Yet Another Fraud? .zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/626561003/ Jehovah's Witnesses: True Path to God or Yet Another Fraud? .zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/474053774/ Jehovah's Witnesses: True Path to God or Yet Another Fraud? .zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/215285566/ Jehovah's Witnesses: True Path to God or Yet Another Fraud? .zip

real
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by maxdog on Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:23 pm

Interesting Article, I had a friend who became a Jehova Witness and as soon as he joined them (because his parents joined them) he was not allowes to go out anymore and now he is very fat .
The Truly offer nothing more than a stupid magazine which you canA t read because itA s boring :D
and they are not the true path to god.
Very interesting experiment, good for personal growth!
maxdog
SMV Club
SMV Club

Facebook comments

Next

Return to Success Stories