Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

Jehovah's Witnesses: True Path to God or Yet Another Fraud?

Success forum for own stories of personal achievement. Here members can discuss how they are progressing towards achieving the Life of their Dreams and self-improvement

Moderator : developing_success

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: True Path to God or Yet Another Fraud?

Post by mrheredia on Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:14 am

Thanks for the article.
After being in the organization for quite some time (And a few others alike) I realized that I was being brainwashed, I realized also that most religions are detrimental to human potential. This cult is full of very good professional hypnotists, they make you believe in things that does not exist and if you are weak you end up following like a little sheep.
Thanks to science I found a way out!
:D
www.selfmadevip.com
Live the life of your dreams!
mrheredia
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by developing_success on Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:38 pm

Your article is done professionally, i congratulate you on it.
From what i see the religion you described here is another version of the so called true religions like christianity.
It's a good thing my family is not that religious, or else my mind would have been as closed as a black box.
I currently don't bother myself with these "stories", i act as i please.

Bible..........................15$
Church Donation.............5$
MIND FREEDOM...............PRICELESS

(this was not intended to insult nobody)
Was my reply valuable? For even more value, visit my blog: http://universallifecoach.com/
SMV COACHING! | My favorite books
Image Image
developing_success

Post by Balance on Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:42 pm

Congrats on your article. :)

While my parents weren't in that cult and are quite reasonable people, my grandma went to their meetings and took me with her on a regular basis while I was still small maybe from 4/5 till 7. To be honest I can't even remember if I ever believed in it.

I think to me it was just another entertaining story - like "Jack and the beanstalk" or "Snowwhite and the seven dwarfs" and I actually enjoyed going there. I mean if someone had smuggled a fairytale in that book nobody would notice anyway, right :lol: Also there's a lot of sexy violence you don't see in ordinary fairytales which makes it even more addictive.

"Jack and the beanstalk" or "Gulliver's Travels" is not that much crazier than a talking snake, people rising from the dead and a burning bush that talks if you think about it. If I had lived back when those "sacred" scriptures were written I would totally have slipped some fairytales in that book and nowadays between one and two thirds of the world's population would buy it. (depending which "holy" text you'd manipulate) :lol:
Scary if you think about it.

I don't think my grandma actually brought me to the "real meetings" or else I would have been properly brainwashed.
She wasn't part of their real community or anything... I remember our biblical hour being very relaxed and I actually only realized that I was brought up with Jehovah's Witness' stuff when I discovered my old childrens' "bible" -that I read so often back then- in our basement. It was fun to thumb through it since I remembered practically all of the pictures very clearly as they have been virtually imprinted in my mind... though it had some quite violent depictions in it that sure don't belong in any childrens' bible.

What is not fun however is the mother with her barely 4 year old daughter who knocked on my door and let her kid perfectly recite me shit out of the bible. I mean I didn't want to be rude around the kid so I swallowed down my comments on that but interally I wanted to bitchslap this "mother". I can't even imagine what kind of training it would take to make a small playful kid in that age stand still like in the military to flawlessly recite passages out of something it can't even comprehend.

And what is not fun is the old man I see every day on my way to the gym. He's at least 80 and he's standing in front of the same bank for 15 years now! It's below zero these days and he's still there. I'm serious, if you go there at the right time you will certainly see him standing there holding up the watchtower. He lost his life due to his beliefs! It makes me so sad.

My attitude towards religion is clear: Religion must die for mankind to survive.
Ideas behave viral -even stupid ones- and religious faiths are certainly more destructive than they are helpful - potentially and as we see also practically. Our brains are hosts for ideas and beliefs - some are helpful to us as individuals and equally for the survival of our human species, while others are viral spreading parasites and cause behavior that doesn't favor the hosts well-being/humanity. (See the kid and the old man above).

One might say that's only true for fundamental religions or cults but the only difference to main stream religion is the degree of ignorance towards human knowledge.

It doesn't make me sleep well when I think about the fact that the most powerful man in the world basically has to show off his faithfulness to have a chance to become elected. I think Obamas ignorance towards human knowledge, science and common sense is at a very low level but if he truly believes in the bible as the word of god, he probably also believes in the apocalypse. This fact alone should make it impossible for a president or in fact anyone to have access to nuclear weapons.

If there was a "delete all religious beliefs" button I'd barely hesitate to push it.

Sorry if I offended your beliefs or your faith in a rude way but just the thought about this little kid I saw makes me angry to an extent you probably couldn't imagine. And slapping her mother wouldn't be the right response because she too got infected a long time ago and I doubt I could hold her responsible for what she does since in her mind she is doing the best for her kid.
Probably no one is responsible for this viral behavior of stupid ideas, it's just the way our brain as a system is vulnerable to it if we weren't educated properly about critical thinking and scientific facts in school. Even if I'd push the "no religious beliefs" button I am sure the very moment after doing so somewhere a new spark of religious superstition would flame up and spread due to ignorance and improper education.

Man I sure got way emotional about this topic thanks to the kid. You should have seen her standing at my door.
I know I shouldn't get shitfaced about this and instead keep calm and make rational points about it, like our thread-starter did but frankly it would somehow be hypocritical of me to disguise my disgust of this religious disease with rational and appropriate language. Or to use Anthonys words: f*ck appropriate.

Well no harm done I hope. :wink:

God bless America.
Balance
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by BABYCUBY on Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:03 am

To balance,

just to be clear Obama isn't a biblical literist at all!!! Thats why he is a freind to the gay rights movement and is pro a womans right to choose. He i more of a religious science/progressive christian like a Micheal Beckwith or John Spong. Before you talk you should do a litle research. Opraj Winfrey is new thought all the way and promoted the secret as you should be aware of and she loves Obama!! What does that tell you? Do you think she would endorse a crazy right wing bible thumper!! Do your homework dude!! Obama is just the kind of person we need mentally in that office~!!!
Last edited by GetAhead on Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected shouting case.
BABYCUBY

Post by Balance on Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:42 pm

It doesn't make me sleep well when I think about the fact that the most powerful man in the world basically has to show off his faithfulness to have a chance to become elected. I think Obamas ignorance towards human knowledge, science and common sense is at a very low level but if he truly believes in the bible as the word of god, he probably also believes in the apocalypse. This fact alone should make it impossible for a president or in fact anyone to have access to nuclear weapons.

Wow I must have written that quite some time ago.
I think I must apologize for the sentence "Obamas ignorance towards human knowledge, science and common sense is at a very low level" because it's phrased very negatively though I ment it really positive and I am in fact an Obama supporter. (We are all more or less ignorant towards a lot of things is what I probably meant to imply.)

Anyway I am still pissed that you can't become president of America if you don't show off how religious you are - but nowadays I am practically sure that Obama is an atheist after I heard some of his speeches (particularly this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2Kh-xzerjE&feature=related ) and I think it was in "Dreams From My Father" where Obama wrote that his mother basically explained to him that religion is bogus but he has to go to a church if he wants to get into politics. Very enlightening since he produced all that stuff right before he realized that he will run for president. :wink:

Nowadays I am slightly disappointed in him though. I feared that he would turn out to be a wuss and that he starts to back out of many plans - and it appears to be that way. What is he waiting for, he campaigned for change and now he seems to play it safe... what for - his second period? Bring it on mister president: health care, gay rights, stem cell research, education...
Balance
SMV Club
SMV Club

Facebook comments

Previous

Return to Success Stories