Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

Is the law of attraction a big fraud, a satanic deception?!

In this self improvement forum we help our members who search for mentor or go through challenges during their personal development

Moderator : developing_success

Is the law of attraction a big fraud, a satanic deception?!

Post by justsharing on Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:55 pm

Are you a believer in "The Secret" and "the law of attraction"?!

Don't get me wrong, it is fine to think positive and go cheerful through life. But there is another side of the law of attraction that made me suspicious!

Have you ever asked another believer about what he or she thinks about how the law of attraction works and what it actually attracts? You will get answers appearing the same but when you go deeper, theories start to vary in detail and demonstrate that people interpret a lot into the law of attraction! Be vigilant of the wording chosen by the authors: it is a law, not the rule of attraction, it is a law. Just like gravity is the law. The stupid thing is that this law does not behave like a law or is simplified to such an extent that nobody has a chance to understand the essence of it if there is any.

Let me explain. When we form a desire, the law of attraction claims that the world will bring it or manifest it for you. But a desire or a goal has many levels. Let us visualize driving a red Ferrari. The question is what the law of attraction will actually manifest for me? I go across a street and a yellow corvette drives by. Did I cause this experience?! Did I attract some aspect of driving a red Ferrari? Was I not specific enough? Didn't I put enough energy or effort into the manifestation process? How much is enough? Or am I just messing with my mind, which - by its nature - focuses on things that currently of interest to me?

And there is another aspect of the law of attraction that looks even more critical from my point of view. I am talking about its morality! A rape, a deadly accident, an illness, poverty - all of these experiences are allegedly caused by the thoughts of people?! Sometimes people do think themselves into trouble. But when did a child managed to think prior to be born in some poor African village? The implications of this belief are even more dangerous, since it liberates you from being responsible for the poor conditions of your nearest. Why should you help someone if everybody is responsible for his own situation? You think it is my misinterpretation?! Then pay close attention to the examples used in the movie "The Secret" to demonstrate how the law of attraction works: attract a mate, a new car, a house, some jewelry, pleasant workplace conditions etc. - at no point, neither directly nor indirectly they call for altruism, helping each other. They even reinforce the opposite by stating that you cannot influence the circumstances of others since the law of attraction works for you only. Very interesting indeed.

What do you think about it?

Additional articles on this perspective:
http://www.thebereancall.org/node/5571
http://www.stuartdavis.com/node/1138
justsharing
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Re: Is the law of attraction a big fraud, a satanic deception?!

Post by westend on Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:05 pm

ban this spammer!
westend
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by justsharing on Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:56 am

Why this reaction and judgmental attitude of yours? It is fine when my perspective and concerns sound strange to you, but it is not my intention to spam.
justsharing
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by Amy Twain on Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:52 am

I think all of us has our own perception about the LOA and The Secret.

Personally, I believe in it and long before I've heard of this LOA and The Secret, I already proved its power and it manifested in me.

Some of us may believe in it and some won't, but in the end, it's what you believe that matters, and if others dismiss it as 'deception', then so be it. Let them be--we respect all opinions anyway.
Discover the secrets of success--now! http://goldminetosuccess.com/
Amy Twain
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Post by justsharing on Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:28 am

The point of my concern is not the basic idea of life bringing you things and experiences in according to your desires but the forces and the laws behind it.

The teachers of the law of attraction state very clearly with no misunderstanding that it is a law. A law, by definition, is something that is true for everyone and every moment with no exception.

In all religions for thousands of years there is a concept of prayer which is basically about asking and receiving what you have asked for. Than what is this whole revelation about? What is the actual secret they reveal?

From my perspective and certain experiences they have managed to delude considerable amount of people into believing the following things:
1 --> the world manifests everything you desire for
2 --> every experience is the manifestation of your thoughts
3 --> The chicken or the egg causality dilemma: you desire or ask first, the world answers and delivers, you receive
4 --> there is no biblical God, which is a non material consciousness with a specific personality and preferences, but only energy
5 --> there is no evil, no Satan, all the evil in the world is due to our wrong thoughts

I used to blindly believe in the law of attraction. But life revealed something to me I want to share with you here and warn everyone who is willing to listen and to consider a different perspective.

My life experience and observation contradicts in many occasions to the points mentioned above:

1 --> The world manifests not everything according to your desire, which turns out to be a blessing! I have a goal list, and some goals have manifested and made me happy, some have not manifested at all. And some goals have manifested to a certain degree but turned out to become a nightmare in case of complete manifestation. I had to put on the emergency brake and leave the wrong path.

2 --> Not every personal or observed experience is a manifestation of your own thoughts. The law of attraction teachers state that your subconscious thoughts are manifested too, which is true in many cases. But this statement is misused for every bad experience a person has in his life. Rhonda Byrne has been criticized for having stated that people who died in the tsunami disaster sent out bad vibrations. This can be true only if your perspective is flexible enough. Doesn't it make you paranoid? What if your subconscious currently attracts an accident without you ever knowing it until it happens?

3 --> This is the question I often asked myself and you should too. Where do your desires actually come from? Many desires are obviously generated by commercials we are bombarded every day. But some spiritual teachers (e. g. Eckhart Tolle) state that desires come from the soul or your higher self in the pauses between the thoughts. If there are no evil forces or spirits you may trust the desires of your higher self - but if there are evil spirits trying to manipulate you? How can you trust a desire that comes from other dimension? In my life I experienced often enough that which is labeled premonition. The experience is this: I get an idea in my head of what I could have, and soon after I come in a situation where I have the option to take action to receive that which I have thought about. But this is rather a precognition or premonition of events to come in contrast to asking and receiving. Yet again, the law of attraction did not work the way it suppose to work - but how can it be if it is a law?

4 --> The teachers of the law of attraction do not state directly there is no God but artfully imply that and embed this idea in their teaching. They explicitly point out the similarity between the concept of energy and the concept of God not directly saying that energy equals God. However, energy to my understanding has no consciousness, it simply exists. While the bible teaches that there is a loving God who created us and our environment. The biblical God has a personality and preferences. He clearly likes and dislikes actions of men. He is able to support and sabotage people on their path. But the new teaching says that you are the only one responsible for everything happening in your life!

5 --> The most interesting part is that not only the law of attraction but the whole New Age community does not deal with the concept of Satan at all. It is either not mentioned or even explicitly excluded with the statement like "everything is God". Very interesting to point out that one of major tricks of Satan is to disguise himself as God and to disproof his very existence. Isn't that an interesting coincidence? Wish whatever you like (there is no judgement from God because he is just energy), you can be, have and experience whatever you can imagine, all your desires come from you, Satan does not exist. Isn't it an interesting belief system we are getting into?
justsharing
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Facebook comments

Next

Return to Help Me with & Success Coaching...