Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Here is what our members say about us...
"It has definitely been a very welcome surprise to find a complete forum of like-minded, self-improving people!!"
Mik3NL, 28 Dec 2007 More testimonials can be found here

Is Spirituality Really Necessary?

Success forum for own stories of personal achievement. Here members can discuss how they are progressing towards achieving the Life of their Dreams and self-improvement

Moderator : developing_success

Is Spirituality Really Necessary?

Post by truecriminal on Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:01 am

Is Spirituality Really Necessary

"Throughout many commander's calls and power point slides, I often see spirituality listed as one of the sides of a person that must be strong in order for them to succeed. As an atheist, I find this quite disturbing. I could not tell you what religion, if any, any of my coworkers are; they should be able to say the same thing about me. The military is a part of the federal government, which has been designed from its inception as a completely secular body. It's that unbiased position that allows our country to avoid becoming a repressed theocracy - please look at Iran if you need an example. Why, then, is spirituality considered a vital part of the individual I'm sure those who believe in a religion may be able to use that as a source of strength. But I can say the same thing about pride, sense of duty, and comraderie. So why the focus on spirituality "

-Senior Airman Michael A. Wildt
Dover Air Force Base, Del.

Pen in your views mates!
We shall have a fine talk on this!
Last edited by truecriminal on Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
???Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow!???
truecriminal
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Re: Is Spirituality Really Necessary?

Post by truecriminal on Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:15 am

On my personal,
I believe that Body,Mind and Spirit are the Holy Trinity.
the physical, the non-physical, and the meta-physical.

This can be called in many names.
And what you really are is the three-in-one manifestation.

To enjoy real abundance one need not be as spiritual as Buddha was,or any other monks martyring your physical comforts...

This of course might call in a diversity in its notion.

What your soul needs is the highest feeling of love you can imagine.Your soul already knows how it feels like,but its bound with a veil of physical reality that keeps it away from WHO YOU REALLY ARE.

"Perfect love is like what perfect white is to color. Many think that white is the absence of color. It is not. It is the inclusion of all color. White is every other color that exists, combined."
-Neale Donald Walsch.

The purpose here for the soul is to experience everything.

Every moment the body,mind and the soul are evolving...All we need is to engage on the flow.
Realize it...
Ask yourself..
Let go..

Enjoy every moment as it is just a part of your evolution...

So instead of analyzing whether spirituality is necessary or not,
I believe it is a part of us, whether we recognize it or not !
And one cannot avoid it...though if we try to!!
Last edited by truecriminal on Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
???Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow!???
truecriminal
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by Brainy on Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:27 am

Spiritual life should be major thing in your life.

Don't avoid it. :D
Most people are as happy as they make up their minds to be - Abraham Lincoln
Brainy
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by netanel22 on Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:35 am

People shouldn't define spirituality with religion, religion is just one example of how people get siritual, and some get spiritual from it in a empowering way if it is not done with coercion of a dictotor.
Spirituality if holds the right believes and the right values are very empowering, give you peace of mind to do what you want to do freely with no hesitations :wink:
Althoug, I don't believe in any religion,not neccesarly mean that I'm not believing in god, I'm building my spirituality on my own terms.
Desperation is a necessary ingredient to learning anything, or creating anything. Period.
If you ain't desperate at some point, you ain't interesting.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
netanel22
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by SmileAwhile on Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:43 am

netanel22 wrote:People shouldn't define spirituality with religion, religion is just one example of how people get siritual, . . . . I'm building my spirituality on my own terms.

I agree with netanell22 in that spirituality doesn't necessarily have anything to do with religiousity. I know plenty of people who are EXTREMELY religious and not spiritual at all!

Personally, I consider myself very spiritual but not necessarily religious - I certainly believe in God but I don't feel the need to identify myself with a particular religion - I don't believe that there is one "right way" to worship.

To me, even an athiest can be spiritual.

Even an athiest can be quiet and sit in meditation and experience themselves!
Even an athiest can be truly in love.

Now, some people would call that experiencing God, I don't care if you call it Martha or George, it's all the same experience no matter what label you put on it.

Just like love. Even an athiest can love another person. Someone else would call that same emotion experiencing God.

You don't have to believe that gravity exists but you will still experience it - no matter who you are or what you believe.

Did that make sense to anyone but me
SmileAwhile
SMV Club
SMV Club

Facebook comments

Next

Return to Success Stories