Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

Is Spirituality Really Necessary?

Success forum for own stories of personal achievement. Here members can discuss how they are progressing towards achieving the Life of their Dreams and self-improvement

Moderator : developing_success

Re: Is Spirituality Really Necessary?

Post by truecriminal on Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:39 pm

yes..it does make a lot of sense..my friend!
:)

You are very true!
???Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow!???
truecriminal
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by real on Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:14 pm

For me, spirituality means awareness of your true nature. It is not about religion or any specific belief system.

I believe that every individual sooner or later raises suspicion based on life experience (typically in form of coincidences) that there is more to the world than meets the eye. At this point in life a person becomes open minded to spiritual teachings and gets interested in actively discovering the true human nature and the true nature of the world.

Personal growth is natural. Spirituality is natural, since there is a part of you which is non-physical. Denying your non-physical part is equal to denying your true nature.

From this perspective, your original question if spirituality is necessary is somewhat ambiguous. Spirituality is natural as I stated before. If you want to accelerate your personal growth, you may learn from spiritual teachings, but this is certainly up to you.
real
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by gza on Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:38 am

read my thread called power of now in the spirituality section and youll see just how different spirituality is from what you perceive it to be. Spirituality is basically inner peace and connectedness with the universe. God is a very misused term, especially in religion. We put label something so tremendous and condense it into a manmade word. God is something you have to feel or experience in order to understand it. All the words in the world couldnt explain god because it has no form, and words are firm. Its been misused for centuries so I can't blame you, but how can you have an opinion you dont know or understand

I'd post the link to my thread, but I'm typing this on my itouch, but you should definitely take a look, if just to get an idea of being spiritual.
gza

Post by Noesis on Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:29 pm

Without a doubt, spirituality is tremendously important, if not the most important thing. I would define spirituality as simply an understanding of your place in the world/cosmos/infinite and your relation to other people, etc.
I'm assuming the above poster is referring to Eckhart Tolle's Power of Now, which I would also recommend as a good starting place. A lot of spiritual concepts seemed very far fetched when I first looked at them, but I found that when I approached them with an open mind (or all of life for that matter), I gained some very surprising insights. In short, I highly encourage anyone to look into spirituality and here are a few things I'm playing with currently:
1) Don't judge something--be willing to suspend disbelief and play with an idea. What if something you thought was false was actually true and vice versa Which would be a more empowering belief
2) Nobody or nothing has a monopoly on truth. Truth is not some monolithic entity--in the Tao, they talk about that which is labeled/spoken is not the truth, and that which is the truth cannot be labeled/spoken. Words/principles/laws are simply signposts to a greater truth--they are not the truth themselves, they merely point the way to it.
3) Play with the concept of the Ego. Are you your life story, your life situation or are you something more In short, the Ego is your mind created identity based on your subjective interpretation of the past events you experienced. You are not your Mind, you are not your Ego, you are something more. When you think, you are not your thoughts, but the awareness of your thoughts.
4) The Power of Now. The Now is the only moment in time that actually exists. Check out Tolle's books for a better understanding of this.

Cheers.
-N
Noesis
Curious Child
Curious Child

Post by maxdog on Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:44 pm

Now that I discovered the Law of Attraction, i think itA s very neccesary :)
Use it to your advantage, it works!
maxdog
SMV Club
SMV Club

Facebook comments

Previous Next

Return to Success Stories