Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Here is what our members say about us...
"Finally I found my way to Self Made VIP. I hate beeing mediocre. I want to make the best of my life and I think this here can help me making my dreams come true. So, I'm looking forward to the time on this board."
temp0, 14 Apr 2008 More testimonials can be found here

Introduction...

Introduce yourself to the other members of our self help forum

Introduction...

Post by A-GAME on Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:09 pm

Hi everyone. My name is Adam. I am 26 years old and live in Sydney Australia. I have been using self improvement techniques for about 5 years now. I did not have the most positive childhood and after reading ''you can heal your life'' by Louise Hay, i decided to change my life and stop being a victim. I constantly read self help books such as ''think and grow rich'' by napoleon hill, ''you were born rich'' by Bob Proctor, ''the science of getting rich'' by Wallace D Wattles. As you can tell, my main aim at the moment is to better my financial situation. I use goal setting methods, visualization techniques, positive affirmations, all things learned from reading the books i mentioned and others and not just in regards to money, but in all areas of my life. I am fully aware that my potential is unlimited and with the right guidance i will achieve all my goals. Its getting to the point now where although my beliefs in these areas are strong, my will power and confidence is starting to slow down. Im not sure what my problem is, or if i may have some mental blocks regarding success and money but i am having no luck finding the answers myself so i joined this forum to try and find out and possibly find a mentor that can give me some sound advice and guidance. I cant wait to succeed, not only to achieve my own goals but i would also like to help others achieve their own goals one day. I look forward to participating in this forum and learning as much as possible. :D
A-GAME
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Re: Introduction...

Post by bigdog23 on Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:53 am

welcome aboard, adam. i have had a good time here. i am having more fun as time goes on and i contribute more. in your statement about your goals, you generally speak about what you hope to get, yet there is nothing about relationship. i wonder why that is? perhaps you have already mastered the love and friendship game and have something to teach us? ;-)

i also was wondering, and i couldn't actually tell from your intro... is there anything that you'd like to contribute to life or is your ultimate goal the accumulation of stuff and cash to buy more stuff with? maybe your "will power and self-confidence" slow-down has to do with the power of your goals. what does the world need another rich prick in the world for? you are someone who undoubtedly wants your life to make a difference to others in some way, right?

perhaps, you are someone who, like myself is more motivated by the promise of a chance to live to give and be generous is more compelling than the dream of accumulation and consumption.

i dunno. have fun adam. i'm glad you are here. let me recommend that e-books and videos on EFT. fantastic help for limiting beliefs, low self-esteem, traumatic or impovershed childhoods, etc... watch "try it on everything" and "EFT for beginners." "EFT for dummies" and "emofree.com's free download are the places to start with the reading. dig deep into this stuff, and i think you'll find some of the keys you've been looking for, based in the wisdom of the body.

bd23
bigdog23
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by A-GAME on Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:31 am

bigdog23 wrote:welcome aboard, adam. i have had a good time here. i am having more fun as time goes on and i contribute more. in your statement about your goals, you generally speak about what you hope to get, yet there is nothing about relationship. i wonder why that is? perhaps you have already mastered the love and friendship game and have something to teach us? ;-)

i also was wondering, and i couldn't actually tell from your intro... is there anything that you'd like to contribute to life or is your ultimate goal the accumulation of stuff and cash to buy more stuff with? maybe your "will power and self-confidence" slow-down has to do with the power of your goals. what does the world need another rich prick in the world for? you are someone who undoubtedly wants your life to make a difference to others in some way, right?

perhaps, you are someone who, like myself is more motivated by the promise of a chance to live to give and be generous is more compelling than the dream of accumulation and consumption.

i dunno. have fun adam. i'm glad you are here. let me recommend that e-books and videos on EFT. fantastic help for limiting beliefs, low self-esteem, traumatic or impovershed childhoods, etc... watch "try it on everything" and "EFT for beginners." "EFT for dummies" and "emofree.com's free download are the places to start with the reading. dig deep into this stuff, and i think you'll find some of the keys you've been looking for, based in the wisdom of the body.

bd23

Hi BD. I do not feel the need to ''always have a partner''. It is nice yes, but until i meet that special someone i am in no rush. I also believe when the time is right and i focus on the exact type of person i want to spend my life with, i will find that person but right now because of my current financial situation i believe it is in my best interest to focus on financial goals. As far as being ''another rich prick'' lol my ultimate goal is to help others and maybe teach people from my own experiences one day(i have lived a very interesting life thus far), particularly those from poverty stricken backgrounds. The indigenous people from my country in particular. I have always wanted to give back to them somehow. Don't get me wrong, the big houses, fast cars and massive cash flow are very attractive to me, but ultimately, you cant take it with you at the end right? So although i am not sure what help i can provide to others in the future, i do intend on paying it forward. Passing on the knowledge i have accumulated about the laws of the universe, and spiritual beliefs is something i look forward too often thinking of my beautiful future.
Last edited by A-GAME on Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
A-GAME
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by Celebration on Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:05 pm

Hey A-Game,

I would be happy to chat with you about this and can offer you a fresh
perspective, you can pm me if you don't want to discuss here. The first
question I have is: please explain about what you think is happening relative
to this statement "my will power and confidence is starting to slow down".

For reprogramming subconscious, Paul McKenna is one of my favorite peoples
and there is a great section with his work in this forum.

cheers
Celebration
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by Jamesthorson on Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:01 am

Hey everybody, it's wonderful to see how many people really care and are willing to take the time to help another individual. It makes me so grateful to just be living in such a loving world. Anyway I thought I might comment real quick on the Science of Getting Rich. In this book Wallace Wattles lays out the instructions for well... how to get rich. If anyone hasn't read it it is a must read. There is just so much to learned from this book. I now read at least a little bit of it every day.

Something I might add is that I found an free audio download of the book. The guy who reads it has a great voice and I'm beginning to listen to a chapter every night before I go to bed. I can't stress enough the amazing affects this is having on my life.

Anyway if you just search Credendo Vides, Science of Getting Rich, on google or youtube it takes you right to the download.

Keep livin the dream everyone,
James :wink:
Jamesthorson

Facebook comments

Next

Return to Introductions