Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

Inspiring: Skydiving From The Edge Of The World

In this motivation forum you can get inspired and motivated to lift up your mood and place a smile on your face;) Self improvement and motivation

Moderator : viktorados

Inspiring: Skydiving From The Edge Of The World

Post by GodMilk on Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:53 pm

First Man in Space - Skydiving From The Edge Of The World (Extended Version) // On August 16, 1960, Joseph Kittinger jumped his last Excelsior jump, doing so from an air-thin height of 102,800 feet (31,334 meters). From that nearly 20 miles altitude, his tumble toward terra firma took some 4 minutes and 36 seconds. Exceeding the speed of sound during the fall, Kittinger used a small stabilizing chute before a larger, main parachute opened in the denser atmosphere. He safely touched down in barren New Mexico desert, 13 minutes 45 seconds after he vaulted into the void.

The jump set records that still stand today, among them, the highest parachute jump, the longest freefall, and the fastest speed ever attained by a human through the atmosphere. Somewhat in contention is Kittinger's use of the small parachute for stabilization during his record-setting fall. Roger Eugene Andreyev, a Russian, is touted as holding the world's free fall record of 80,325 feet (24,483 meters), made on November 1, 1962.

Link
GodMilk

Re: Inspiring: Skydiving From The Edge Of The World

Post by ChidoOne on Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:26 am

wow i think this is the mot amazing thing i have ever watched. Thank you so much for the video. This is trully inspiring. I Hope to do somthing like this one day. I wonder how it feels :blink:
ChidoOne
Curious Child
Curious Child

Post by jhaberkorn on Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:46 pm

That is absolutely incredible. That has to be one of the most enlightening experiences ever felt.
jhaberkorn

Post by Balance on Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:45 pm

Holy cr... :blink:

I never jumped from altitudes above the clouds - this really beats everything. You can actually see the whole planet from up there, I never even knew it was actually possible to jump from those heights. This goes right on my "to do before I die" list. Right above having s** in a zero gravity environment. :wink:

Most amazing thing I've seen in a long time. Must hurt though to hit a bird head first at mach 1.
Pray that the birds are flying low the day you actually jump from "the edge of the world". :D
Balance
SMV Club
SMV Club

Facebook comments

Return to Motivation and INSPIRATION