Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Dear SMV members, we are making SMV more success oriented. From now on copyrighted material posts will be removed from SMV. Only discussion on success oriented topics is allowed. Thank you. Viktorados

I can't Stop procrastinating

In this self improvement forum we help our members who search for mentor or go through challenges during their personal development

Moderator : developing_success

Re: I can't Stop procrastinating

Post by selfmadejm on Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:26 am

Like Les Brown would say, "it doesn't hurt bad enough. The dog remains sitting on the nail whining but doesn't move because it doesn't hurt bad enough". Sometimes we need to be at a place called zero to quit procrastinating. The comfort zone is a dangerous place to be.

By the way, The Place Called Zero is a great book, ebook all over the web.
selfmadejm

Post by sli on Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:08 pm

it took me years to realize that source for all my problems is ADD, and after i realize that everything made sense and i developed working plan.

thats experience many people had, as depression, procratination etc etc is direct result of ADD.

ADD has many different ways of showing, so look into it.

if i knew that several years ago my life would be much different (eg better).

just to make sure, i am not implying that anyone who posted here has it, but it's not bad idea to consider it, do research and then reject it if thats not the case.

but you need to know and accept yourself, and work on the roort problem, not on the results ot your problem.
sli
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by Roger on Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:53 am

Sometimes I feel the same lack of energy to do something. I just began Eben Pagan's Wake Up Productive program and it's already paying results. It is hard at the beginning, but Eben takes it slowly. You have nothing to lose only to gain.
Roger
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Post by developing_success on Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:50 pm

Another practical method i discovered it works for me is to do a lot of fun stuff, activities you want, then you will be in a state of mind to do what you wish, because if you are in a "couch potato state" you will remain in it, it's about being in a productive state ;)
Was my reply valuable? For even more value, visit my blog: http://universallifecoach.com/
SMV COACHING! | My favorite books
Image Image
developing_success

Post by viteshb on Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:11 am

Hi Supermedo.

Procrastination means that the 4 pieces of your mind do not work together. I struggled with this problem for a long time
and still have problems from time to time.
Procrastination solving is possible. here is how i overcame it.
First I needed energy to get through the day. I am a semi bodybuilder but my diet wasn`t good enough. So i struggled with the low energy syndrome. I overcame this by using vitamine pills in the morning and cut off fast food.
In 30 days i felt a lot more power in my body.

Then the mind. I have read alot of book on this subject. The problem most of us have is called the GAP. The gap is the problem that we have when we read a book on a subject to help us but we do not apply it.

At first i was trying to look for a magic button that would help me change in 1 day. There is no magic button!

Here is what worked for me regarding the mind. I started with planning my YEAR. and broke that down in to 3 months and broke it further down into months.
Then i break it up in weeks. I follow the steps everyday that i laid out, i will achieve my goals and planning is my compass.

The final planning is done everyday before i hit the sack. I plan my next day in details. No not overplan your day. there are always things that will come up.

Here is the most important part to get your mind working with your planning. In the past people had to write out their goals. These days multimedia has made is veay easy to create movies with pictures and text.
Goto www.animoto.com, it makes videos very easy. Create a 30 sec video where you insert your goals already ebing achieved. An example: I am sitting at my desk looking at my bank account and i see that my new client alredy paid me $2000 dollars. Put in some pictures that reference to your goals, also put in some spirals and colors red/blue/Green.

Watch your video minimal 6 to 10 times a day! do this for 30 days.

Please follow this plan and you will what is possible to achieve!

Best Regards

Vitesh Bhola
viteshb
Curious Child
Curious Child

Facebook comments

Previous Next

Return to Help Me with & Success Coaching...