Skip to content

Selfmadevip
Here is what our members say about us...
"Joining the selfmadevip community is probably one of the best correct decisions I've made in my life. I'm in love with this site because how everyone gets along so well and how this site is managed. And everyone who participates in this community has one purpose, to be successful."
markzor, 03 Apr 2008 More testimonials can be found here

How to make friends?

Talking about anything that doesn't fit into other categories of this personal development forum

Moderator : developing_success

How to make friends?

Post by scudge on Mon May 31, 2010 1:22 am

I'm completely clueless. I've tried activities and such, but I have problems with breaking the ice. I can't even get past small talk and rarely actually connect with someone. It's really starting to get to me. (And please tell me something other than "be yourself"). I need something to help me out. Thanks in advance.
scudge

Re: How to make friends?

Post by Amy Twain on Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:15 am

Hi scudge,

Well, aside from being yourself, try to be friendlier, by being cheerful and smiling. A smiling face and a happy disposition always attracts people. Who wants to be friends with a grouch?

Have you been outside your house? If so, make the most of every interaction that you get. You can be friends with anybody whom you share same interests, schedules, personalities, etc. with.

If you can, you can always initiate friendship. Ex., if you're colleague/classmate with anyone, ask them where they live, or, what are their plans after work or school. Offer to go with them after class/work. Along the way, ask them questions about anything. It could be about work/class, or if you've got mutual friends, ask them where they've met them, blah blah...you get the picture.

The key is to ask only light questions and being happy and smiling.

Hope that helps.
Discover the secrets of success--now! http://goldminetosuccess.com/
Amy Twain
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Post by trduraikamaraj on Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:07 am

most of us knew " How to make friends?" but only very few know how to kept it alive (maintaning good friendship for long time, evevn beyond generations )

in my point of view ,make friends is easy comparing maintaning a good friendship,
most of our enemy's (foe) are our old friends, did we think of it why this happens?

FRIENDSHIP DOUBLES OUR JOY
DEVIDES OUR SORROW
First, believe in the world--that there is meaning behind everything.
trduraikamaraj
SMV Club
SMV Club

Post by kmerchant on Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:54 am

by being friends to others ...

While being friendly will bring more friends .. but that may not necessarily bring lasting friendship with deep meaning ..

Be yourself (that doesn't mean, be rude to others or stop smiling to strangers) and you will attract similar kind of people to you .. this kind of friendship may be more meaningful and satisfying ........ and happy ...

I think, trying to be friends with everyone can get in your way ...

good luck ...
KM
:D
kmerchant
Self-Made VIP
Self-Made VIP

Facebook comments

Return to General